Cyclist, Website Editor
Dennis Publishing is one of the world's fastest-growing independently owned media companies and is currently one of the most innovative, successful and respected publishers in the world. We publish over 70 magazines, digital magazines, websites, apps and mobile sites in the UK (including The Week, Auto Express, PC Pro, Viz and Men’s Fitness) and The Week in the US.
At Dennis, our people are at the heart of everything we do. Our mission is to ensure that our staff expresses themselves in an environment where change and growth are celebrated and we believe every person here contributes to the future success of Dennis!
We are now looking for a new Website Editor for our award-winning website www.cyclist.co.uk.
The role will involve all aspects of the digital content creation process from developing content ideas, writing content, subbing copy and editing pictures to running the website’s CMS, building web pages and maximising audiences through SEO and social media.
- You’ll be an experienced online journalist already working at editor level, deputy editor or section head level and you’ll have a passion for producing user-focused content that’s perfectly optimised for maximum visibility in search.
- You will play a key role in the day-to-day running of the site, app and social media channels. This will involve overseeing content creation and updating strategies, SEO optimisation and constant monitoring of rankings. And, of course, analytics will be your middle name.
- You’ll be a hands-on copy editor using content management systems and ensure that the highest editorial standards are maintained at all times. You will also be required to encourage best practice in the digital output from the whole editorial team.
- Our brand is undergoing a growth spurt, both in terms of traffic and development, and you’ll be expected to play a pivotal role in the strategy behind them and putting changes into action. You’ll act as brand guardian to ensure that all content is suitable to the title, and work with the commercial teams to optimise monetisation of the site.
- Experience of working in a busy online editorial environment is more important than a knowledge of bikes – although an understanding of cyclists’ needs is handy.
- Strong knowledge of SEO and Content Management Systems is essential, as is an understanding of social media best practice on Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.
- Applicants should have excellent writing and editing skills as well as an understanding of what makes an informative bike or kit review, an irresistible headline, a shareable social media post, an engaging image, and an unmissable YouTube video.
- A passion for bikes and the cycling industry is desirable, as is some knowledge of HTML editing, Photoshop, and InDesign.
So why work for us?
We’re a hard-working bunch, but we definitely know how to let our hair down (and plant a few trees along the way!) We believe in rewarding employees both financially and through recognition and support every day!
- We have great employee benefits: 28 days paid holiday, interest free season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme, discounted gym membership and more.
- We know how to have fun. We host parties, birthday extravaganzas, summer BBQ’s, fancy dress parties, quizzes, charity trips, battle of the band nights and more.
- Our office is slap bang in the heart of London’s West End – situated parallel to Charlotte Street with its many bars and restaurants and five minutes from Soho and London’s media hub.
- As our charity (The Heart of England Forest) is literally at the heart of our business, we host monthly trips to the forest to help plant trees and take a break from the city!
You’ll be working with passionate leaders. Game changers. Award-winners. Industry extraordinaires. But we’re a social crowd who definitely like to take regular office trips to the local bars to wind down after a busy and of course rewarding week.
Click 'Apply' now.