evo, Website Editor
Dennis Publishing is one of the world's fastest-growing independently owned media companies and is currently one of the most innovative, successful and respected publishers in the world. We publish over 70 magazines, digital magazines, websites, apps and mobile sites in the UK (including The Week, Auto Express, Alphr, Coach and Men’s Fitness) and The Week and Mental Floss in the US.
At Dennis, our people are at the heart of everything we do. Our mission is to ensure that our staff express themselves in an environment where change and growth are celebrated and we believe every person here contributes to the future success of Dennis!
Launched in November 1998, evo has grown to become arguably the world’s most respected motoring title for drivers and car enthusiasts.
evo’s core team of experienced writers, photographers and filmmakers produce award-winning content that is respected globally for its integrity and professionalism. Keeping pace with the changing needs of the motorist while remaining faithful to the mantra ‘the thrill of driving’, evo punches above its weight in the hotly contested motoring magazine marketplace, while its website is growing rapidly providing innovative content that’s still core to the magazine’s ethos. From hatchbacks to hypercars, evo puts the reader behind the wheel of the world’s greatest drivers’ cars.
evo is available online at evo.co.uk, in print, tablet edition, YouTube (evoTV), across every major social media platform and licensed in 17 international territories. Its YouTube channel has 540,000 subscribers and its social media channels reach over 300,000 people every month. The evo digital edition is now available across both Android and Apple devices and its film team are award-winning. All in all, evo is one of the most successful international and multi-patform motoring brands in the world.
evo is now looking for a Website Editor to manage the strategy and delivery of content onto the evo website and social media platforms in line with editorial, traffic and commercial requirements.
evo’s growth online has been massive over the past two years and we want to accelerate that with a combination of our SEO-led content strategy and strong social-driven engagement
This role will be based in both our London office as well as our Bedford office.
- Work with the editor in the delivery of content onto the evo website to achieve traffic and commercial objectives, in line with editorial guidelines
- Manage the delivery of content onto social media platforms to deliver engagement and to drive traffic to the evo website
- Manage the day-to-day activity of the Web Producer and Staff Writer
- Ensure the tone and content of the website reflects that of the brand and ensure the website content has accuracy and integrity
- Develop a network of external contributors to evo.co.uk to provide a broad range of relevant content
- Manage the content costs within the website and ensure costs are kept within agreed budgets.
- Deliver editorial content to the evo website and contribute content to other platforms as required.
- Maximise SEO for evo content through enthusiastic use of available tools and close working with the Dennis Audience Development team
- Work with Dennis Digital advertising and trafficking teams to deliver availability for key campaigns
- Work with Road Test Editor, Editor and Features Editor to co-ordinate content uploading for key stories
- Seek to identify ways to improve website performance – through identifying functionality improvements, content development, and SEO tactics
- Represent evo within the industry and ensure evo’s relationship with key industry personnel is maintained and developed
Key Skills Required:
The successful candidate will need to possess:
- Digital expertise with proven ability to grow websites by driving traffic to deliver editorial, traffic, and commercial objectives
- A real passion for developing social media followings with innovative content, keeping ahead of the latest trends
- An interest in motoring
- An inquisitive and challenging mind that is always looking for a good story
- An ability to manage and motivate a small direct team to achieve strong results
- Enthusiastic and creative – not prepared to stand still and keen to progress
So why work for us?
We’re a hard-working bunch, but we definitely know how to let our hair down (and plant a few trees along the way!) We believe in rewarding employees both financially and through recognition and support every day!
- We have great employee benefits: 28 days paid holiday, interest free season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme, discounted gym membership and more.
- We know how to have fun. We host parties, birthday extravaganzas, summer BBQ’s, fancy dress parties, quizzes, charity trips, battle of the band nights and more.
- Our office is slap bang in the heart of London’s West End – situated parallel to Charlotte Street with its many bars and restaurants and five minutes from Soho and London’s media hub.
- As our charity (The Heart of England Forest) is literally at the heart of our business, we host monthly trips to the forest to help plant trees and take a break from the city!
- You’ll be working with passionate leaders. Game changers. Award-winners. Industry extraordinaires. But we’re a social crowd who definitely like to take regular office trips to the local bars to wind down after a busy and of course rewarding week.
Click 'Apply' now.