BlackRock, Corporate Communications - Vice President
Business Unit Overview:
Global Marketing and Communications (GMC) is the central marketing and communications function of BlackRock. GMC is dedicated to providing powerful marketing and communications campaigns and solutions guided by business priorities for our iShares, Retail and Institutional businesses. GMC partners with client businesses, investment and product teams to set and deliver relevant and impactful marketing strategies appropriate for each market and client channel.
The key objective of the EMEA Corporate Communications team is to execute a communications strategy to help drive the business in Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) for BlackRock, focusing on the firm's key themes (Retirement, Alternatives, Fixed Income, Multi Asset and Index/ETFs) in support of the corporate, retail, institutional and iShares businesses.
Job Purpose / Background:
The key objective of this role is to develop and execute a communications plan in support of the institutional business for the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) region.
The candidate will be responsible for managing corporate communications in the UK and partnering with members of the EMEA Corporate Communications team and local agencies to implement and drive the communications strategy across the region.
The candidate will need to work closely with senior management, sales and marketing to define priorities and expectations for the communications programme.
The role will involve maintaining clear, strong and appropriate communication with journalists and the global corporate communications team by having an established and thorough understanding of BlackRock’s businesses, its products and capabilities.
- The primary objective of this role is to deliver public relations activity to support BlackRock's businesses in the UK and continental Europe – covering established and growth markets. The candidate will be responsible for planning, managing and delivering corporate communications activities as a member of the EMEA Corporate Communications team. The role is based in the firm’s London office.
- The candidate will be able to proactively drive coverage to position the institutional business, products and capabilities via the appropriate spokespeople ensuring the firm's share of voice is strategically positioned within the media.
- The role will include working on regional/global projects to support key business and firmwide themes and asset classes.
- Experience in brand and reputation management is critical to this role given the size and scope of BlackRock in the marketplace.
- A commitment to work at all times appropriate to the demands of the business, including occasional business travel, is essential. For the purposes of attending events, a consistent level of journalist/client interaction outside normal office hours is required.
- Work closely with the media relations team in London to plan and conduct media relations activities that build greater knowledge and recognition of the firm’s brand and businesses, coordinating with colleagues in New York and the Asia Pacific Region as appropriate.
- Target a defined core list of journalists and publications creating and maintaining a process for regular outreach to the media to ensure BlackRock’s businesses are perceived by journalists as thought leaders on a broad range of topics and themes.
- Proactively and reactively arrange and facilitate media interviews with trained spokespeople across the firm ensuring the topic is defined and the spokesperson is briefed in advance with the relevant key messages.
- Maintain strong working relationships with news media (print/broadcast/web) including business/financial media, trade and national press.
- Support the day to day direction of activity and output of the PR agency in the UK and proactively engage with members of the Corporate Communications team to implement and drive strategy relating to the institutional business across the EMEA region.
- Manage the communications strategy and activities for the reports/thought leadership relating to the BlackRock Investment Institute(BII)
- Develop and drive the communications strategy for the Alternatives and Real Estate businesses coordinating globally.
- Coordinate the distribution and translation of a full range of written materials including press releases, by-lined articles and reports relating to the business, tailoring as appropriate according to individual country nuances relating to brand, product and market awareness levels.
- Experience in issues management with the ability to devise a communication strategy and Q & A’s in order to protect the reputation of the firm.
- Coordinate the planning and implementation of media events, roundtables, press conferences and educational seminars.
- Work effectively with senior management and marketing professionals in Europe sharing information and aligning media activity according to the strategic and tactical plans as directed by the business.
- Develop strong internal relationships with key stakeholders within BlackRock’s businesses (sales, portfolio management, product development, capital markets, legal and compliance)
- Manage the handling of all media enquiries in a timely and efficient manner.
- Develop a deep knowledge of BlackRock and iShares services, themes and products
- Regularly report on efficiency and effectiveness of the communications strategy, using Gorkana metrics and other defined reports.
- Monitor industry news flow to provide market sensing on issues pertinent to the business, e.g. regulatory/political/markets.
- The ideal candidate will have solid experience in corporate or agency financial Corporate Communications.
- A strong and demonstrable background in financial services PR working across multiple markets and/or channels.
- Strong relationships with the media.
- Able to operate in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changes in strategy, client channel focus and project plans.
- The candidate will be enthusiastic, self-motivated and capable of engaging in high level dialogue with senior executives.
- Able to build strong relationships with the business, with journalists and within the global communications team will be essential.
- Strong experience in brand and reputation management is critical to this role given the size and scale of BlackRock in the marketplace.
- Strategic and creative thinking are required.
- Knowledge of relevant UK and international financial media is essential.
- Strong project management skills, including an ability to move projects forward in a complex environment with multiple stakeholders and geographies.
- Ability to integrate input from multiple stakeholders while maintaining project schedules.
- Excellent verbal communication skills and exceptional writing ability a must.
- Knowledge and comfort of social media, including Twitter, required.
Click 'Apply' now.