Trinity Mirror, Head of Audience Engagement
Trinity Mirror is looking for a talented Head of Audience Engagement to drive, influence and manage strategic goals for audience engagement and social media across Trinity Mirror Regionals newsrooms.
Our Business: Trinity Mirror plc
Our regional titles have some of largest, best established and successful social platforms of any media outlet internationally, and you will be responsible for ensuring we continue to grow our audiences, explore new opportunities and push ourselves to experiment and innovate in these spaces.
We collaborate closely with social media companies in piloting social storytelling tools, from Instant Articles to Twitter Moments, and as Head of Audience Engagement, you would be expected to take a lead in maintaining and growing these crucial relationships.
The Head of Audience Engagement is a senior executive position, with a strategic brief covering the continual development of new skills, tools, editorial standards and training to ensure Trinity Mirror's audience engagement and social media goals are achieved.
The successful candidate will be a fully qualified journalist and an experienced, proven manager able to demonstrate detailed knowledge of the role audience engagement and social media plays in a digital newsroom. A knowledge of digital storytelling, use of social analytics and other metrics to assess content performance, previous experience of leading teams and delivering effective training is vital.
You will also deliver training and promote best practice in social media and support the continued growth of our digital newsrooms.
What you'll be doing:
In order to succeed in this role you will be:
- Working with senior executives to ensure the constant development of a robust, forward-looking and detailed audience engagement strategy
- Delivering and supporting ongoing training in audience engagement, social media and best practice
- Investigating and testing new tools and approaches for audience engagement, promoting an open, intelligent stance to engaging and fostering conversations and partnerships internally and with externally
- Maintaining and grow our relationships with social media companies, liaise regularly with representatives and feedback on opportunities and developments
- Ensuring Trinity Mirror values and standards are maintained in social media publishing, email, commenting and push notifications
- Maintaining a constructive network for social media editors across all regional brands in support of them meeting newsroom targets
What you need to know:
Trinity Mirror plc has a strong benefits package, which includes, for this role, a competitive base salary, 33 days holidays including Bank holidays, and a competitive pension along with an extensive flexible benefits portfolio (to be discussed at interview).
The closing date for this role is 28 October 2016. We will be considering applicants as they apply, so please don't delay in submitting your application - click 'Apply' now.
Trinity Mirror plc is committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process.