Express.co.uk, Video News Reporters
Express.co.uk is looking for energetic and reliable Video News Reporters with a passion for all things video-related.
You should be able to source news for video-led topical stories with a focus on UK, European and world politics as well as viral news, sport, and current affairs.
The candidate will be able to produce clean copy and write eye-catching, engaging and compelling headlines.
The ability to work at a fast pace in a busy newsroom is essential.
A background in digital at national newspapers or magazines is preferable.
- Show an understanding of the website's key areas and ensure a steady flow of copy around these issues.
- Use your contacts to pull in original and exclusive content and video-led stories.
- Push content via the company's social media platforms.
- Optimise stories in accordance with the digital SEO strategy.
- React quickly to breaking news stories - and look for the best video angle.
- Wherever possible, identify fresh angles for stories which have been covered elsewhere.
- Write and edit in accordance with digital house style.
- Monitor social media for potential stories.
- Deliver original and exclusive video-led content on a weekly basis
- Have good working knowledge of subReddits and video uploads which have not been seen before.
- Be competent and confident in approaching sources and carrying out interviews face-to-face, over the phone and via email.
Key skills and experience:
- Experienced digital journalist with familiarity using CMS, Photoshop, and Google Analytics.
- A working knowledge of SEO.
- Professional understanding of media law.
- Attention to detail and developments in the news.
- Write perfect copy and irresistible headlines.
- Flexible approach to working hours including weekends and late shifts.
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines, multitask, forward plan, and develop relationships with PRs.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this position please e-mail your CV with a covering letter by completing the application form below by close of business on 27 October 2016.
Job Type: Casual