SSVC, TV & Digital News Producers
6 days left
- Full Time
Forces News are looking for TV & Digital Producers to work across our TV, radio and digital news platforms.
You will rotate between our TV Newsroom, writing, filming and producing TV News packages and our digital output where you will research, write, edit, publish and on occasion film content for our online and social media platforms.
Working with the Digital, TV and Radio teams you’ll be expected to be across the newest trends, ensuring we remain connected with our audiences.
The right candidate will have a flexible, creative and imaginative approach to the role, with a passion for accuracy and making the best use of pictures and audio. Knowledge of using graphics and finding the best ways to maximise share-ability across platforms is essential.
While an understanding of the armed forces is important, a knowledge of TV production and online and social media publishing is vital. Experience in the news media or broadcast industry is essential.
The role will be based at SSVC HQ in Chalfont St Peter, Bucks and will initially be a full time contract.
If you think you have the right skills and background please email us by clicking apply below.
The Digital and TV News Producer's role is to help create, publish and curate content for the Forces News online, mobile and social media platforms and to work on the production team for our TV news programmes.
You will be researching, writing and publishing articles and social media posts, as well as desktop editing video. Ensuring all copy and content is clear, correct, concise, complete, and consistent. You will be responsible for making sure each story has all the ingredients required to maximise its share-ability.
You will also be responsible for ensuring all content meets Forces New's editorial guidelines and values, that it is sensible, fair, and accurate, and that any legal/copyright problems are addressed before publication or broadcast.
With an ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines you will be a team player with excellent, broad general knowledge.
- Working with reporters and on your own to produce high quality TV reports.
- Identifying the best stories, pictures and audio for all our platforms.
- Ensuring website content is up to date, accurate and well-written
- Checking colleagues copy to ensure it is well written, logically structured and in the right style for the intended audience
- Sub-editing the editorial content across the site
- Correcting spelling, punctuation, grammar, terminology, jargon and semantics, as well as proof-reading
- Ensuring the text is in line with website house style
- Checking facts and raising queries with the author
- Being alert to any potential problems and discussing them with the TV or Digital News Editors
- Composing headlines that sum up a story and draw the reader or viewer in
- Checking illustrations, graphics and captions are correct
- Making sure that content is correctly tagged and categorised according to site structure
- Providing SEO best practice
- Updating home pages as required, choosing images and establishing the running order of stories
- Identifying areas for improvement and instigate changes as directed
Key Skills, Experience and Education:
- Extremely fast, accurate, resourceful and unflappable
- Able to cope with a relentless copy flow and make quick decisions over which stories have merit
- A flexible, adaptable attitude is essential, to cope with varied work, last-minute requests and ever-changing technological issues
- Excellent writing style and editorial skills with attention to detail
- The right candidate must have good production and sub-editing experience in TV or online news environments and be proficient in quickly knocking stories into shape
- Broad general knowledge for spotting factual errors as well as good critical thinking skills in order to recognise inconsistencies or vagaries
- Interpersonal skills for dealing with journalists, producers, presenters and developers
- Ability to establish priorities and balance a desire for perfection with the necessity to follow deadlines
- Familiarity with a range of online environments, such as Live Streaming, blogs and social networks
- Experience using content management systems
- An inquisitive mind with high levels of concentration
- The ability to retain the author's voice after editing
- Degree in journalism or any other relevant field
- Copy editing and sub-editing including online.
- Experience of working in a newsroom environment
- Experience of desktop editing software such as Adobe Premiere, Quantel, CleanEdit, or Final Cut Pro
- Good grasp of PhotoShop or similar package
- Knowledge of Google Analytics
- Knowledge of the British Armed Forces
Apply by completing the application form below.
Closing Date: Sunday 30 October 2016
Apply for SSVC, TV & Digital News Producers
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly