Asthma UK, Advice and Content Manager
- Do you have a passion for creating engaging content – from must-read copy to must-share infographics and video?
- From health advice and policy to research and fundraising, can you flex your content skills across areas?
- Can you motivate and help lead a team in a deadline-driven environment?
If this sounds like you, then the Advice and Content Manager role at Asthma UK could be just what you’re looking for. This is a great opportunity to join us at an exciting time.
The role involves
Reporting to the Head of Advice and Content, and working closely alongside our existing Advice and Content Manager. You will help deliver Asthma UK’s gold-standard content through our website, social media, emails, print and other touchpoints. The role is focused on content planning, creation, quality control and promotion by managing team members and freelancers day to day.
You will steer the creation and evolution of health advice that motivates people to self-manage better, and work closely with policy, research, fundraising and events teams to sprinkle content magic on their output – and supply winning assets to our media team to amplify pro-active awareness campaigns and reactive stories.
The role would suit you if…
… you have a writing or editing background in consumer media or agencies, are used to leading a team to deliver quality multi-channel content to engage a variety of audiences, and you work at pace and to deadlines – with grace and enthusiasm.
You will need:
- An exceptional track record in communicating in an engaging way – not only across digital channels for many different consumer audiences, but also internally
- A passion and excitement about working collaboratively across teams and with external partners - and the influencing skills to make that happen smoothly
- Substantial and demonstrable experience of managing people and projects
- Solid skills in content strategy, quality control and project managing multiple parallel work streams to deliver high quality to deadline
- Experience in creating and commissioning a wide variety of content – from infographics to web pages, email newsletters to video, animation and print
- Experience using or setting up trafficking processes and asset management systems
- To enjoy managing people; a drive to support your team to achieve great things
Come and make a difference
Every 10 seconds someone in the UK has a potentially life-threatening asthma attack and three people die every day. Asthma UK works to stop asthma attacks and, ultimately, cure asthma. How? By funding world leading research, campaigning for better care and providing content to support the 5.4 million people in the UK with asthma.
For more information please visit the Asthma UK website and to apply, click 'Apply' now!
Closing date for applications is 10am Monday 31 October.
Interviews will be held during the week of 7 November at 18 Mansell Street, London E1 8AA.