Deputy Editor - B2B
A leading professional information publisher based in Surrey (easily commutable from London) is looking for an experienced Deputy Editor to work on their print and online health and safety monthly magazine. This is an exciting opportunity to work on a must-read publication.
- Monitor press and legislation to keep up with latest changes and developments in the industry
- Write daily news for online and print publication, as well as features, sections, supplements, etc.
- Take responsibility for sections programme, managing contributors and commissioning content
- Proofread magazine, working with colleagues to ensure house style’s consistency and high quality standards
- Research sources of information and news stories and features ideas
- Attend conferences and events developing and maintaining strong relationships with partners and advertisers
- Develop commercial awareness and identify new revenue opportunities
- Deputise for Editor as required, training and mentoring Assistant Editor and Web Editor
Experience / skills required:
- Solid experience working on a practitioner/professional B2B magazine is essential
- Experience of commissioning, writing and editing broad range of materials for print and online publications
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to mentor and motivate others and work well within a team
- Outstanding communicator with good presentation skills and the ability to build and maintain strong relationships
- Commercial awareness and the ability to identify new revenue opportunities
- A Journalism qualification or equivalent is a bonus
Early applications will be prioritised
For further information, please apply online or email a CV and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Atwood Tate embraces diversity and seeks to promote the benefits of diversity in all of our business activities and to develop a business culture that reflects that belief. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief.
Due to the volume of applications we receive we are often only able to contact successful applicants. If you haven't heard from us within 7 days you have probably been unsuccessful on this occasion but we will keep your CV on file for any future relevant opportunities.