Invstr Ltd, Financial Markets Journalist & Communications Officer
At invstr we’re making finance social by democratising access to financial information and empowering everyone to take charge of their financial future.
Over 157,000 people from across 72 countries have already downloaded the app. We have received various Fintech awards including “Most Innovative Finance App” by Corporate LiveWire, and dubbed the “Facebook of Finance” by the Daily Telegraph.
We continue to receive excellent validation in the press across notable broadsheets, TV and trade press. We are now looking for a Financial Markets Journalist to help us broaden our reach even further.
The Journalist will work closely with invstr’s marketing team, the producer, senior management and contributors to create, publish and redistribute relevant content, and to plan and execute a working editorial calendar that is accessible to all internal stakeholders.
The Journalist will craft both in-app and social media channel outlet content on three core themes: daily briefs and top story commentary, the invstr community’s market sentiment, about invstr (corporate messaging). He or she will understand how to leverage long and short form copy, imagery, infographics, video, audio to promote our brand's messages.
The ideal candidate will be strategic thinking and a confident person, who comes from a financial markets journalist background and knows how to deliver best-in-class content for digital spaces (including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn and Instagram). They are already an experienced journalist or editor looking to move into the exciting world of FinTech.
- Adapt the company’s strategic objectives to develop innovative and excellent digital content in line with the invstr community’s interests
- Work with management and analysts to identify and recommend relevant copy category and audience segment targets
- Write long, mid and short form copy for the invstr platform and onward engagement through social, websites & newsletters distribution channels. Specifically:
- Write a daily ‘Morning Brief’, London, New York and Asia times.
- Identify and write short copy about ‘Hot Stories’ through the day, published through the app and newsletter, and redistributed in whole or segmented through various social media channels and partner platforms using widgets.
- Produce market valid daily invstr Polls
- Create, edit, publish and syndicate content extrapolated from invstr’s unique community-driven market insights through social media platforms (as above), the invstr newsletters and syndicated channels
- Create, edit and publish content promoting invstr’s corporate messaging through press releases, the invstr Blog and across all social media platforms: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube and others
- Work with contributors to editorially guide creative, relevant, up to date content and optimised copy on the invstr app, and invstr blog.
- Collaboratively develop external content partnerships (contributors) that benefit invstr’s objectives
- Build and maintain a ‘black book’ of people and resources from different areas of valued content production
- Monitor and be aware of the performance of the digital content and make recommendations for improving effectiveness.
- Support and develop long-term editorial plans.
- Work with invstr management to oversee the transformation of editorial plans into detailed content calendars.
- Relevant university degree or equivalent
- Financial markets editorially qualified or experienced
- Ability to take the initiative and to work proactively
- Excellent presentation skills to land key points to stakeholders (internal & external)
- Social media channel distribution experience
- Fintech industry knowledge a positive advantage
- Be comfortable and interested learning about emerging trends in digital communications
Personality Traits and culture
Open, Loves Business, Responsible and Accountable, Confident and Courageous
This means candidates must have:
- Openness towards people, new ideas and sharing of expertise – a belief that good ideas can come from anywhere regardless of job title or hierarchy. They must promote an environment where ideas flow and expertise is shared
- They must take ownership of everything they are involved in, helping empower their teams so they can do the same. This must include creating a learning culture where each team member is always building his or her skills and knowledge.
- They must take a keen interest in invstr’s vision and the role each staff member plays in driving it.
- They must create a fun environment where thinking differently is celebrated and enjoyed. They should encourage bold thinking and support those who are trying to evolve the way we think about and deliver work.
Apply by completing the application form below.