Estates Gazette, Data Journalist / Analyst
Do you see a story where others just see numbers, can you bring the bland to life and delight an audience for one of the UK’s leading business publications?
Estates Gazette is looking to recruit a Data Journalist / Analyst as we grow our digital and magazine offer both in the UK and globally.
Working within the editorial team alongside the news, finance and features teams you will use the numbers to deliver smart, essential business information that readers in the real estate sector can’t afford to miss.
Using both readily available industry numbers and bespoke reporting, you will have a keen idea on how to display and present data to our readers whether that is through in-depth written analysis, graphics, podcasts or videos.
This is a key role within the editorial team delivering content for our two websites, app and weekly magazine. You will have an interest in what drives reader engagement and deliver content tailored for them and be willing to explore product development in this area. It requires someone as comfortable sourcing readily available industry figures and finance data as they are putting in freedom of information requests and delving into our flagship reports produced by our in-house researchers.
The position is open to candidates with either data or journalist backgrounds and could be suitable for a trainee, but candidates will need to demonstrate an ability to write clearly and concisely.
- Number literate with the ability to make the complicated accessible
- Experience producing accurate copy or reports at speed and to deadline
- Strong verbal, written and visual communication skills
- Proven track record in either journalism or data analysis
- Comfortable with excel and data manipulation, creating dashboards and databases
- Ability to undertake investigations and freedom of information requests
- Experience of producing interactive graphics for online publication an advantage
Click 'Apply' now.
Estates Gazette are part of RBI, a division of Relx Group Plc.
Reed Business Information (RBI) provides information, analytics and data to business professionals worldwide. Our strong global products and services hold market-leading positions across a wide range of industry sectors including banking, petrochemicals and aviation where we help customers make key strategic decisions every day. RBI is part of RELX Group plc, a world-leading provider of information solutions for professional customers across industries.
RBI is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
RBI General Benefits Package:
- Pension Scheme
- 29 Days Holiday
- Paid Charity Days – 2 days per year
- Life Insurance (4x salary)
- Save As You Earn Share Scheme (SAYE)
- Competitive Salaries