KPMG, Senior PR Manager - Solutions
An exciting opportunity has come up within KPMG’s press office to shape the direction of the firm’s PR for its risk consulting and management consulting teams.
KPMG has a busy press office team who deal with a wide range of proactive and reactive media opportunities on a daily basis. This role will give a senior PR professional access to a wide range of internal stakeholders from the Board and senior partners to marketing, corporate responsibility and internal communications colleagues.
The role holder will be expected to engage with these individuals to ensure KPMG’s viewpoints, thought leadership, insights and analysis are promptly and widely disseminated via a broad mix of communications channels.
Specifically the role will require an individual interested in and capable of developing stories across the technology sector (incorporating risk consulting, general technology trends, cloud computing, CIO advisory, data and analytics and cognitive).
You will also oversee the firm’s manager responsible for delivering PR for the tax practice.
- a demonstrable number of years in a public, or media, relations role – ideally with a solid understanding of the demands of an in-house role
- experience working alongside, or managing, agencies
- people management
- a strong network of media contacts across national and trade titles, with a particular emphasis on business, technology and IT correspondents
- building spokespeople’s profiles across social media
- providing advice to senior stakeholders for proactive and reactive media relations and strategic counsel covering long-term profile raising needs
- creating opportunities out of third-party activity and identifying proactive media relations activities
- reporting, monitoring and analysing coverage to plan for future activity
- deputising for senior colleagues to advise on corporate issues
- delegating work to colleagues and overseeing it to ensure deadlines are met
Expected skills and behaviours for the role
- understanding of the wider business environment and the impact actions can have on client relationships
- evidence of an ability to spot issues-led media opportunities ahead of time
- ability to produce rapid reaction statements to capitalise on breaking news issues
- comfort advising senior stakeholders with often competing demands
- willingness to innovate
- adherence to the KPMG values
Click 'Apply' now.