KPMG, Senior PR Manager - Audit & People / HR
An exciting opportunity has come up within KPMG’s press office to shape the direction of the firm’s PR for its audit practice and people function.
KPMG has a busy press office team who deal with a wide range of proactive and reactive media opportunities on a daily basis. This role will give a senior PR professional access to a wide range of internal stakeholders from the Board and senior partners to marketing, corporate responsibility and internal communications colleagues.
The role holder will be expected to engage with these individuals to ensure KPMG’s viewpoints, thought leadership, insights and analysis are promptly and widely disseminated via a broad mix of communications channels.
Specifically the role will require an individual interested in:
- understanding and discussing trends in audit, including regulatory developments
- developing stories across the HR sector (with subjects ranging from apprenticeships, talent, to people performance)
- advising on the firm’s corporate HR PR requirements, working closely with the head of people
- advising leadership on high profile corporate campaigns, including women in business
- building key spokespeople’s online profiles, advising on social media
- a demonstrable number of years in a public, or media, relations role – ideally with a solid understanding of the demands of an in-house role
- experience working alongside, or managing, agencies
- experience of managing people
- a strong network of media contacts across national and trade titles, with a particular emphasis on business and HR correspondents
- providing advice to senior stakeholders for proactive and reactive media relations and strategic counsel covering long-term profile raising needs
- creating opportunities out of third-party activity and identifying proactive media relations activities
- reporting, monitoring and analysing coverage to plan for future activity
- deputising for senior colleagues to advise on corporate issues
- delegating work to colleagues and overseeing it to ensure deadlines are met
Expected skills and behaviours for the role
- understanding of the wider business environment and the impact actions can have on client relationships
- evidence of an ability to spot issues-led media opportunities ahead of time
- ability to produce rapid reaction statements to capitalise on breaking news issues
- comfort advising senior stakeholders with often competing demands
- willingness to innovate
- adherence to the KPMG values
Click 'Apply' now.