Daily Star Online, Travel & Lifestyle Reporter
6 days left
- Not Specified
Travel & Lifestyle Reporters wanted to join the online team at the Daily Star Online.
The perfect candidate will be passionate about the things which affect our day-to-day lives and be up-to-date with the latest trends on social media.
They need to have a keen interest in subjects including diet and fitness, love and relationships, fashion and beauty, real life stories and travel.
Candidates must be dynamic all-rounders capable of working to deadlines in our busy online newsroom and be social media savvy.
Journalism experience is essential and online experience is preferred. Contacts within the industry would also be useful.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an expanding digital news operation in our London HQ.
- Generate and cover day-to-day lifestyle news, ensuring that the focus is always on the site’s most-searchable stories
- Keep up to date with the latest trends in fashion, beauty, diet, fitness, love, relationships and travel
- Use your PR and other contacts to pull in exclusive interviews and news stories that will deliver a richness of content to the site
- Push content on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter, in accordance with the digital social media policy
- Optimise stories in accordance with the digital SEO strategy
- Able to react quickly and initiate spin-off ideas from the news agenda
- To, wherever possible, identify unique angles for stories
- Write and edit in accordance with digital house style
- Read all the other competitor sites and form a thorough knowledge of the content
- Monitor social media for viral trends and content
Key skills and experience:
- Must be NCTJ qualified
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines, multitask, forward plan, develop relationships with PRs
- Experienced digital journalist with familiarity with CMS, Photoshop, Google Analytics
- Have a working knowledge of SEO
- Professional understanding of journalism law
- Attention to detail
- Flexible approach to working hours including weekends and late shifts
How to apply:
If you are interested in this position please e-mail your CV with a covering letter to us by completing the application form below by close of 1 November 2016.
Job Type: Casual
Apply for Daily Star Online, Travel & Lifestyle Reporter
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly