GamblingCompliance, European Markets Reporter
GamblingCompliance is the leading provider of regulatory and market information for the international gambling industry, with subscribers in more than 40 countries.
We are seeking a central London-based reporter to cover UK and European regulatory developments in both land-based and online gambling.
The ideal candidate should have interest and experience in reporting on regulated markets and an ability to communicate at all levels in order to obtain proprietary information for our readers.
We are looking for a confident, competent and ambitious graduate who is capable of working as part of a small and dynamic team and taking on extra responsibility.
- You will be working with a content team that covers both regulatory and business developments across the worldwide gambling industry.
- You must be capable of originating and writing news and feature ideas, and of incorporating the data and content resources of Gambling Compliance’s regulatory and data analysts.
- You will need to be comfortable networking and talking with regulators, industry executives, analysts and lawyers, and building out a network of contacts.
- Sound news judgment is vital for a daily news service that is considered valuable by an extremely knowledgeable industry-wide audience.
- The GamblingCompliance service is evolving and we would expect the successful candidate to help innovate improvements in our coverage, with blogging, social media and video reporting.
- There will be many opportunities for foreign travel, and you will be responsible for delivering conference and event coverage with other members of the content team.
- Writing and editing news and analysis to a consistently high standard with an authoritative editorial voice for a well-informed, specialist audience.
- Liaising closely with the GC’s US content team and our Asia editor.
- Developing a broad range of contacts within the UK and International gambling market, including executives, regulators and advisors, and monitoring client and industry needs.
- Speaking and moderating at industry events, conveying Gambling Compliance’s industry perspectives and, by doing so, promoting its capabilities.
- Contributing, where required, to one off reports and consulting projects GC may produce
- Providing input to the London-based commercial team with reference to any potential commercial opportunities or developments.
- The applicant must be highly self-motivated, and should have a strong interest in contemporary B2B publishing.
- An understanding of media law and an awareness of the legal risks inherent in publishing b2B content.
- Fluent written/spoken English, additional European languages, particularly Nordic or central European languages would be strongly advantageous.
- Strong writing and analytical skills.
- Educated to degree level and ideally with an additional NCTJ or other journalism qualification.
- Desirable skills
- Familiarity and engagement with social media
- Understanding of law and governance, risk and compliance publishing
- The ability to create video-based reporting packages.
- A willingness to travel and attend conferences regularly.
- Enthusiasm and motivation to take ownership of specific geographical or thematic areas within the editorial team.
Salary: £30-35,000 DoE, with a pay review after 12 months.
A probationary period of three months will apply.
The opportunity exists for progression and advancement within a business that is focused on recognising and rewarding the development of skills and responsibilities.
GamblingCompliance is based in the City of London and Washington, D.C, USA.
Please send your CV and covering letter by completing the application form below.
Apply for GamblingCompliance, European Markets Reporter
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly