Copy Editor, CapitalStructure Americas Bureau - NY
CapitalStructure and PacerMonitor are seeking a joint copy editor to source, write and edit articles on business, finance and law-related topics, and to cross-post content of interest to both publications.
- Monitoring press releases to find opportunities for news coverage;
- Editing copy to ensure accuracy and conformity to in-house style;
- Updating calendars of debt maturities and bankruptcy court hearings.
- Editing weekly columns and features about bankruptcy news and other legal-related topics;
- Working closely with a small team of freelancers;
- Helping to launch a new weekly column;
- Collaborating with Operations Manager to build and maintain a library of content.
In addition, the copy editor will source, repackage and edit articles to be posted in both publications.
Skills and experience:
- One to three years of full-time experience editing copy at a news organization.
- Prior experience editing coverage of special situations, credit markets, mergers and acquisitions, private equity and/or editing coverage of legal, finance and technology industries.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Prior experience supervising freelancers.
- Strong command of grammar, spelling, punctuation, syntax and vocabulary.
Those interested should send a résumé and two letters of recommendation to CapitalStructure Americas Bureau Chief Shasha Daiby completing the application form below.
Qualified candidates will be asked to complete an editing assessment test.
CapitalStructure is a leading provider in Europe of news about leveraged loans, high-yield bonds and special situations. In the U.S., CapitalStructure provides news and analysis about distressed debt, special situations, corporate restructuring, and bankruptcy.
PacerMonitor is a growing legal tech company based in New York City that serves the legal and financial industries as well as retail consumers. We are a small but expanding entrepreneurial team with a flexible work environment.
Both CapitalStructure and PacerMonitor are part of Fulcrum Financial Data, a credit-market information platform backed by Leeds Equity Partners.
Apply for Copy Editor, CapitalStructure Americas Bureau - NY
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly