S&P Global Market Intelligence, Senior Reporter - Banks and Financial Services, EMEA
S&P Global Market Intelligence is seeking a London-based Senior Reporter for its growing digital news team covering banking, insurance and other financial institutions in Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
Filing several features a week, you will use your deep understanding of finance and financial markets to produce clean, thought-provoking news and analysis.
As an inspiring, energetic business journalist passionate about delivering leading-edge sector-specific content for a discerning audience, you will be pivotal in shaping our daily coverage and developing the full range of our product, from breaking news to feature-length reportage, bolstered by in-house data sources. You will also use your strong leadership skills to coach and mentor other team members.
Our real-time, subscription-based news service reaches an influential readership comprising investment bankers, buy- and sell-side teams, and regulators. The news we provide is a pivotal part of S&P Global Capital Market Intelligence's highly valued product offering.
This is a very senior reporting role that comes with an attractive remuneration package. As part of our growing newsroom, staff have the opportunity to move up into editorial leadership roles within S&P Global Market Intelligence and across the entire S&P Global group. Our extensive database of market, regulatory and corporate data offers ample opportunities to enrich your ability to deliver high-quality news.
Our hiring manager says:
“We are looking for an ambitious, energetic senior business reporter who is passionate about generating lively, authoritative copy for a discerning audience.”
The successful candidate will have:
- At least 10 years business reporting experience and a strong track record reporting on the financial services and banking sector in Europe; additional knowledge of the industry in the Middle East and Africa would be an advantage
- An impressive set of contacts among banking analysts and industry commentators, as well as key figures in the financial services sector and among regulators and central banks.
- An ability to set our short-, medium and long-term news coverage agenda in conjunction with other reporters and your editors, to daily and weekly deadlines
- An affinity for working with in-house and external market intelligence data and graphics to enhance our coverage, requiring collaboration with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience mentoring and coaching other reporters
- Fluency in English necessary, plus knowledge of at least one other major European language is highly desirable
Click 'Apply' now.
*Candidates will need to provide samples of recently published work and pass an in-house writing test prior to interviews with the team.