Findmypast, Head of Content - Maternity Cover
Our family history websites help families around the world stay connected with their past, present and future memories. We aim to take our services to a new level of excellence, reaching new audiences and allowing people to discover and share their stories in new, exciting ways.
Working closely alongside the Director of Marketing, the Head of Content oversees all marketing content initiatives, both internal and external, across multiple platforms and formats to drive registrations and subscriptions, engagement, retention, leads and positive customer behaviour.
The Head of Content oversees public relations, communications, marketing, and social media – including an important element of customer service. They define and relate both the brand story and the story as interpreted by the customer. Through planning and overseeing varied, relevant and engaging digital content they make family history research accessible and attractive to a broad audience – and help it to grow.
They bring creativity, imagination and energy into the company’s communications; they contribute ideas and lead creative strategies to help Findmypast be more effective within its existing audience and to reach new markets. They also manage a team of writers and researchers, and organise tasks within a demanding and varied workload.
- Mapping out a content, social media and PR strategy that supports and extends marketing initiatives, both short- and long-term.
- Leveraging market data to develop appropriate and effective content/PR themes. This should result in a functional and targeted strategy which continually evolves to remain pertinent to business direction, specific record releases and wider trends.
- Developing innovative digital content campaigns and social media strategies to leverage new media, reach new audiences, strengthen and broaden an engaged online community, and increase positive sentiment.
- Working with external agencies to develop and implement national and international PR plans.
- Ensuring all content is on-brand, consistent in style, quality and tone of voice, and optimised for search and user experience for all channels including online, social media, email, mobile, video, and print.
- Oversee the production of content for email marketing, press releases, site content, social media, marketing campaigins, articles on external sites, webinars and all other channels.
- Write and/or edit key articles, communications and press releases.
- Gauging the effectiveness of content against given KPIs. Reviewing data and analytics and making recommendations based on the results. Working with the wider team to revise and measure particular content and PR goals.
- Developing standards, systems and best practices for content creation, distribution, and maintenance.
- Establishing work flow for requesting, creating, editing, publishing, and retiring content. Work with technical team to implement and refine appropriate CMS.
- Supervising the maintenance of content inventories, and creating or refining site content.
- Ensuring consistent global experience; localising content for different territories, and disseminating it as appropriate.
- Managing a team of writers; defining and maintaining the house tone of voice and being an arbiter of best practice in grammar, messaging, writing and style.
- Participation in the hiring and supervising of members of the content team and external agencies.
- Working closely with the design team on all creative and branding initiatives to ensure a consistent message across channels.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Degree (or equivalent) level qualification
- Experience in online editorial, PR or equivalent
- Management experience
- Substantial experience in digital content and social media strategies
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Proven editorial skills and outstanding command of the English language.
- The ability to lead and inspire teams of creative personnel and content creators to achieve the company’s stated goals.
- Project management skills to create imaginative campaigns, and manage editorial schedules and deadlines within short-term, long-term and ongoing campaigns.
- Experience in creating compelling messages for different target demographics.
- Expertise in all major business software applications (Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, etc.).
- HR-related experience including hiring, managing, performance reviews, compensation packages, etc.
- Self-motivation, ambition, and a passion for online editorial
- Ability to work creatively, effectively and efficiently to deliver outcomes to an agreed standard and timetable, and thereby ensure timely messaging and smooth workflow with the wider team.
- Familiarity with various CMS systems, web analytics tools (Google Analytics), social media marketing applications (HootSuite, Tweetdeck, etc.) and leading social media monitoring platforms.
- A passion for and knowledge of British and international history
- Knowledge of the latest platforms, technology tools and content marketing strategies
- Crisis communications experience
- – 3% employee and 3% employer contribution
- We also offer a flexible benefits system where you can select from the following benefits up to the value of 3% of salary:
- Additional 3% employer contribution (must be matched by employee)
- Private medical cove
- Health cash plan
- Dental cash plan
- Corporate gym discounts
- It’s also an option to have your benefits allowance paid as a cash amount.
- Childcare voucher
- Cycle to work
- Season travel tickets
Click 'Apply' now!