Global Blue, Temporary Artworking Assistant
One month contract from 30 January 2017
Global Blue is a tax refund service, which facilitates tax-free shopping for international travellers. Globalblue.com runs an editorial section providing fashion news items, recommended products and features related to shops, brands and destinations where Global Blue operates. Global Blue also publishes an international luxury shopping guide called SHOP Magazine for over 40 key cities around the world, the latest of which can be viewed here - http://issuu.com/globalblue.
SHOP Magazine is the luxury international shopping guide that connects international travellers with the most fabulous brands, products and places around the world. SHOP publishes over 40 different publications in key cities around the world, as well as a similar schedule of timely content published online at globalblue.com in three languages.
The design team are looking for an Artworking Assistant to help with designing SHOP Magazine.
Taking responsibility for books that are seasonally assigned to you;
- Designing all pages including: Editor’s Letter, Contents, Contributors page, Masthead, Product Opener, My Favourites, News, City Guide, Experience, Souvenir, Translations, Outlets, Features, HTSTF, Street Style, Products, Advertorials and any other pages that may be included in an edition.
- Liaising with the section editors, sub-editors and Marketing Managers in order to implement up-to-date and relevant design amends.
- Artworking and proofing your books.
- Map referencing your pages.
- Uploading your pages to our online flatplan management software on time during the week.
- Sending files to the sub-editors, and making sure to work on the correct versions of the files at all times.
- Managing your time efficiently to stay on schedule. Liaising with the Senior Artworkers, Deputy Artworker and Production Editor where there are delays/issues.
- Being a part of the team that works together to commission the cover illustrations; Reading the feature PDFs and generating original ideas for cover concepts; Researching and suggesting dynamic illustrators.
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Experience within the print/creative industry preferably in an artworker role
- Diverse portfolio showcasing examples of creative design
- A good eye for details
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight schedule
- A passion and enthusiasm for graphic and editorial design
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- A degree in a related discipline would be a bonus but not essential
Please send a CV and a portfolio to Sally McIlhone by completing the application form below.
We are based in Angel and the hours are 9am-5.30pm.