Trinity Mirror Solutions, Content Commercialisation Editor
Trinity Mirror Solutions is looking to expand our content commercialisation team by hiring a new Content Commercialisation Editor.
What does the role entail?
This role is about flipping the traditional content creation process on its head working within a small and exciting team to create a process for integrating commerce and content.
At its simplest you will use analytics to find out about the products and services that our users care about or are interested in and then write, commission or work with the existing editorial teams to create editorial; guides, explainers, reviews and deals articles that help the users buy those products and services.
If you’re interested in things like deal forums, coupon codes, giving your friends bargain advice, reading reviews, making money through affiliate programs, including Skimlinks and Amazon you’re probably perfect for the role.
What You Must Be / Have
- Strong, conversational tone and solid writing ability with proven experience in journalism (minimum 1.5 years)
- Experience of writing for a specific channel that could be relevant to affiliates and e-commerce e.g. Consumer Tech, Entertainment, Fashion, Travel etc
- A strong interest in ecommerce and its future (think content + commerce!)
- You should be a data junkie and be able to interpret analytics to maximise commercial conversion on your content
- Passion for finding good deals and getting one's money's worth
- Design sense, Photoshop basics, an eye for what looks good and is engaging on screen
- Demonstrable in-depth understanding of the principles of headline writing and SEO
What You Could Be / Have
- Knowledge of general blogging, community-building, and social media best practices
- Light knowledge of HTML and CSS styling for formatting posts and fixing tracking codes
- Understanding of affiliate marketing programs, AdWords traffic buying, eBay sales, or something else ecommerce-oriented
- Experience of working in a Content Management System
- Experience of working with social media (managing a Facebook page and working with Tweetdeck/Hootsuite or similar)
- Good knowledge of popular culture, sport, music and current affairs
- Basic proficiency in Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Photoshop, Google Apps
- Competitive salary and bonus
- 33 days holiday including bank holidays
- Pension plan
- Flexible benefits
About the Company
Trinity Mirror is one of the UK's largest multimedia companies with an award-winning portfolio of influential newspapers, websites and digital products including national titles and many iconic regional news brands.
Trinity Mirror has always represented the interests and shared the concerns of ordinary people. In an industrial age, that meant speaking up for the working classes and being the voice of the unions and Labour.
Click 'Apply' now.
Closing date for applications: 25 February 2017