GCP, Philanthropy Coordinator
3 days left
- Full Time
Global Canopy is an agile and entrepreneurial charity with an outsized impact. Our aim is to end large-scale deforestation, a global problem with huge hidden costs for people and prosperity.
We work smart, by focusing on the big market levers driving deforestation at regional, national and international levels. And we bring a fresh approach to identifying, targeting, and mobilising action among the key powerbrokers - the governments, businesses and financial institutions worldwide - with the power to end this global ‘deforestation economy’.
Increasingly, we also address related environmental and social impacts caused by the same market dynamics that are converting the world’s rainforests into land for agricultural commodities: our systemic failure to account for the vital benefits we receive from nature.
Over the last 16 years we have built up a strong track record and an international reputation for innovation and effectiveness. For more on our work see: www.globalcanopy.org, www.naturalcapitaldeclaration.org and www.forest500.org.
This is an outstanding opportunity for an experienced and effective fundraising and philanthropy professional to take on a challenging new role - with room for creativity, leadership and professional growth.
Working within our development team, and in close collaboration with
our communications and management teams, the successful candidate will play a leading role in developing a new high-end ‘philanthropy circle’ among high net worth supporters.
This new initiative has the full support of our Trustees and Directors, and already has a small number of founder supporters signed up ahead of planned launch in April 2017.
S/he will be an excellent communicator and writer with strong marketing and social skills and flair. S/he will have mastered the fundamentals of major donor fundraising in previous work and be ready to bring
energy, structure and a collaborative spirit to this new role.
- Coordinate new high-end ‘philanthropy circle’ (working closely with the development,communications and management teams):
- Editorial and creative work, including brand development
- Member stewardship - outreach, communications, reporting
- Support new member identification and recruitment
- Project management
- Event organisation
- Support strategy
- Trust/foundation fundraising support
- Support development and execution of annual fundraising plan
- Support foundation stewardship and reporting
- Support with other aspects of development and communications as required
- Relationship management - initiating and deepening meaningful relationships
- Creative communications - great writing and presenting skills
- Project management - systematic, team player, gets things done
- Good judgement - emotional intelligence, decision-making skills
- Marketing - sales orientation, marketing flair and determination
- Languages a bonus, cross-cultural sensitivities a must
- Strong university degree or equivalent
- Proven track record of excellence (at least 3 years relevant work experience) within a development or philanthropy team, or corporate equivalent.
Deadline: 2 March 2017
Please note that early applications are advised, as we may begin interviewing early, depending on the volume of suitable candidates applying, and will close when a suitable candidate is found.
Please write by completing the application form below with your CV and a cover letter, explaining your motivation and how you meet the essential criteria for the job, and including your salary expectation.
Apply for GCP, Philanthropy Coordinator
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly