Slimming World, PR & Marketing Support
Slimming World is the UK’s leading weight management organisation, helping more than a million people to lose weight and lead happier, healthier lives each year.
With more than 47 years’ experience and a membership base that is continuing to increase year-on-year, Slimming World has ambitious plans to continue its growth and remain at the forefront of weight management.
We’re looking for a hard-working team player to support our busy PR, Marketing and Events teams during a period of 12 months’ maternity cover. As the majority of tasks within this role are PR-related, the role sits within the Consumer PR arm of the team and the successful applicant will report to the Consumer PR Manager.
However, this is an exciting opportunity to enjoy a diverse role, also assisting the Marketing team to support Slimming World’s 4,500 Consultants in growing their businesses, working closely with Slimming World’s Events team on events ranging from more intimate events at Slimming World’s Head Office to external award ceremonies with more than 1,500 guests, and supporting Slimming World’s Public Affairs team too.
Our successful applicant will:
- Be responsible for maintaining the PR team’s record of national coverage;
- Support the Consumer PR team to achieve coverage across the local, regional, national and international media, including leading on a key regional PR campaign in December 2017/January 2018;
- Provide support to the Public Affairs team in the creation of reports and maintenance of databases;
- Provide support to the Marketing team, including, but not exclusive to, working on advertising requests and data entry when required
- Provide support to the Events teams in the run-up to and at all Slimming World events;
- Provide general office management, including ensuring all team members are fully equipped with stock and stationery;
- Provide diary management and meeting arrangement, as required by senior management including the Managing Director;
- Be able to work quickly and accurately, and handle the pressures of working within a busy press office environment;
- Relish the challenge of setting and achieving goals and managing their own workload;
- Communicate warmly and confidently with colleagues, Consultants, members and public;
- Thrive on creative problem-solving;
- Be confident using social media;
- Feel passionate about telling Slimming World’s story and spreading the word as far and wide as possible.
While the role is a temporary one and focused on providing support to some of Slimming World’s key communications teams, we’d love to hear from someone who’s keen to start a career in PR, passionate about communicating and loves to write – from a long piece of prose to a short, snappy tweet.
Friendliness, a sense of fun and great attention to detail are key qualities for anyone joining this established and successful PR team. Ideally, you’ll already be aware of Slimming World and have an understanding of how we help people to achieve long-term behavioural change, as well as feel passionately about helping Slimming World to support even more people to achieve their own personal weight loss goals and tackle the global obesity crisis.
Please click 'Apply' to send your full CV and covering letter, telling us why you’d like to be considered for the role, your current salary and notice period.
Slimming World is proud to be an Investor in People with a current Gold standard IIP accreditation.
Benefits: We offer an extensive benefits package including a health cash back plan, 12 week Slimming World membership, onsite gym, discounted hair and beauty salon, enhanced pension contributions and 34 days holiday a year (including public holidays)