Cardew Group, Account Manager
Cardew Group is an independent financial and corporate communications consultancy, which has an opportunity for an Account Manager to work in a full-time, permanent position within our team in London.
We offer a range of tailor-made investor relations and public affairs services as an integrated part of our consultancy, and our principal areas of expertise are:
- IPOs and restructuring
- reputation and crisis /issues management
- mergers and acquisitions
- corporate & social responsibility
Our clients are our priority. They range from companies listed on the FTSE-100 to prominent growing businesses across a variety of sectors. They value the quality of our work and this is reflected in the longevity of our relationships with them over the past 25 years.
This is an exciting opportunity for an Account Manager who has a minimum of two years’ experience in financial or corporate communications.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial and driven personality. The individual should be able to adapt their skills to meet the needs of our diverse client portfolio, and be keen to take advantage of the opportunity that exists to play a valuable role in supporting the new business development team.
The candidate should be able to demonstrate:
- strong written and oral communication skills
- ability to manage client accounts well
- high standards of organisation, attention to detail and ability to work to deadlines
- financial literacy
- commercial acumen and experience of driving new business development
- ability to build strong relationships and to command the confidence of others both internally and externally
- a network of contacts (journalists and advisers)
- ability to think independently and creatively, take initiative and go beyond the expected
- strong understanding of regulatory affairs and the impact this has on clients
- strong understanding of social media and trends in a changing media world
- responsibility and sound judgement
- flexibility and hard working
- eligibility to work in the UK at the point at which the role commences
The role of an Account Manager will involve:
- coordinating PR programmes to support clients’ business objectives
- advising on and assisting in the preparation of communication materials – key messages, Q&A, presentations, announcements
- new business development initiatives (including pitching)
- press analysis and summaries
- briefing journalists on client stories
- background research for current clients and new business
- organising meetings and conference calls with the media and analysts
- organising and attending press launches
- preparing media distribution lists for press releases
- conducting and compiling analyst feedback reports
- researching forward features
Base salary will be competitive and dependent on experience. There is also a discretionary company bonus scheme (dependent on the performance of the individual and the performance of the company). Further, all Cardew Group employees are incentivised to support business development.
Please email your CV, together with a covering letter setting out why you would be suitable for the role, to Julie Payne by completing the application form below.