Street & Co, PR Account Manager
Street & Co (www.streetand.co) is a PR agency representing food and lifestyle clients based at Somerset House.
We are a very friendly, hard-working and enthusiastic team looking to do the best for every client at all times. The pace is very fast and it is a demanding office based role. No two days are the same.
We are looking for a Consumer Account Manager for an exciting and dynamic role on our team covering food and drink, destination and tourism and lifestyle brands.
You’ll be creative and ambitious; a lifestyle savvy all-rounder, ideally with a broad interest in food, drink, art, culture and design.
Key Responsibilities for Account Manager:
- Working closely with Managing Director to prioritise and deliver client campaigns
- Producing creative content such as copy, video, photography and events
- Maintaining strong relationships with existing and new media contacts
- Putting together and implementing strong creative campaigns
Essential Skills and Competencies of the Account Manager:
- Minimum three years’ experience, within the consumer PR arena
- Tenacious and energetic with a passionate approach to consumer
- Ability to manage multiple projects and stakeholders, and competing priorities
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills
- Highly social-media competent with clear eye for visually led stories
- Pre-existing media contacts within consumer PR
- Ability to develop great relationships with clients and the media
- Meticulous attention to detail, with the ability to produce strong coverage
This role at Street & Co will best suit somebody who loves the media, understands brands and wants to be challenged and learn from a small, senior and specialist team. We don’t do templates, mail outs, off-the-peg PR. Everything is bespoke to our client’s needs, so the environment is dynamic, creative and flexible.
It’s an exciting time to join… we’ve just taken on some lovely new clients and are shaping and growing the team accordingly.
The candidate will be required to undertake (but not be restricted to) the following activities as part of their role.
- Writing - Writing for business communications, communicating effectively with PR clients, writing for the media (this could include articles, news releases, blogs, and case studies)
- Social media - Understanding when and which social media channel is appropriate and how it can be incorporated into a PR campaign. Using social media in a strategic and effective way for companies and brands
- Media liaison - Understanding how the media operates, dealing with day to day inquiries from the media, pitching stories and/or products to the media, building relationships with the media (i.e. journalists), creating media lists, monitoring press clippings, sending/receiving press selection products
- Deliver PR campaigns – Supporting the team in creating new campaigns, working to deliver a strategy for a client or organisation
- Evaluate PR campaigns – Monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of PR campaigns and measuring their impact
- Presentation - Planning, structuring and delivering presentations internally and externally
- Research & data analysis – Conducting research for the team and/or clients and reporting key details
- Events - Planning, organising and co-coordinating events, meeting the objectives of the brief.
The candidate will also be required to demonstrate workload management by undertaking the following activities.
- Time management - Planning, organising and prioritising your workload to ensure deadlines and objectives for both work activities and apprenticeship training are met
- Diary management – Ensuring email/online diaries are kept up to date
- Meetings – Arranging internal and external meetings, ensuring rooms are suitable and attendees needs are catered for
- Career development - Taking responsibility for personal learning and professional development
Working with people
The candidate will also be required to demonstrate the following in their ability to work with people.
- Professional relationships – Developing professional relationships with colleagues and stakeholders, effective listening and verbal/written communication
- Communicating with supervisors/mentors - Ensuring they are aware of work in progress and are briefed when any problems arise
- Team building - Working with teams to achieve goals and promote a motivated work environment
- Networking - Building a professional network of other PR professionals whilst maintaining a professional image
- Follow company and training provider procedures at all times
- Produce high quality work with attention to detail
- Maintain a positive company and personal image
- You may be required to work flexible hours to meet the needs of clients
Skills and experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective communicator at all levels
- Skilled in Microsoft Office packages and experienced in social media
- A big smile and positive attitude
- Tenacious, with buckets of common sense
- Organised and able to manage own time
- Flexible and willing to learn
- Strong attention to detail
- Motivated and committed
- A ‘self-starter’ – someone who will use their initiative, be energetic and make the most of the opportunity
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions, we’re all learning.
If this opportunity is of interest, please contact Sarah Street by completing the application form below.