Rhizome Media, Senior Account Manager
Based in Soho, Rhizome is a fast-growing media company that champions small and medium-sized businesses through PR (mainstream media), social media and electric content creation (like 50,000 goddam volts, electric).
We’re an SME that represents SMEs and we’re lucky enough to work with some fantastic clients with incredibly innovative business models. Each day is challenging and no day’s the same.
We work across a huge variety of sectors including financial services, property, insurance, technology, health and motoring so you’ll have to be a quick learner.
It goes without saying that you will have excellent people skills, be confident and articulate, possess a sound grasp of current affairs and, ideally, put Marcel Proust to shame with the quality of your writing.
The Day Job
- Running (and driving) accounts
- Writing powerful press releases, op-eds and other client content
- Writing reactive comments following breaking news
- Pitching in news stories and features to national, regional and trade media
- Organising and attending national/trade journalist briefings
- Contributing to new business proposals
- Organising radio/TV interviews and briefing clients
- Speaking to case studies
- Responding quickly and efficiently to journalist requests
- Training and overseeing the work of junior members of the team
Skills & Experience
- Self starter with bags of initiative
- Media and social media expert
- Ideas person – both creative and news-aware
- Excellent client handling skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong news sense
- Multi-tasker (it’s bloody hectic)
- Good media contacts in the following sectors a bonus: SME, business, enterprise, financial services, technology, property, motoring
- Enthusiastic and intuitive
- Ability to work quickly and accurately to tight deadlines
- Experience pitching stories to journalists or commissioning editors
Why would I want to work for you?
As well as the important things, like the fact we’re ridiculously friendly, we order in fresh fruit on a Monday, and give everyone access to our booze fridge on a Friday afternoon.
We also offer a half-decent company pension, a death in service policy (morbid, I know), and 25 days’ annual leave. In the summer we finish at 3pm on a Friday so everyone can enjoy the sunshine.
Between six and 12 months of working for us, you’ll be invited to become a partner of Rhizome Media LLP. Partners benefit from a quarterly profits share, as well as all sorts of perks ‘unlocked’ by length of service, such as a monthly travel allowance, flexible working, private healthcare and more. Our partners also have a big say in how we run the business.
Where do I sign up?
If you like the sound of all this, send an email spelling out why there’s a you-shaped hole in our business to Dominic Hiatt by completing the application form below. Try and make it funny as well as informative because most application emails bore us senseless.
Also, don’t forget to attach your CV paying particular attention to the hobbies and interests section (we like that bit). We regret we cannot reply to every application but all will be considered.
**Note to recruiters: we think you’re ace, but please note that we will not require your assistance to fill this position, so there’s no need to call us**