The Law Society Gazette, Web Content Editor
What’s in it for you:
- Work for the most widely read legal publication across the UK
- Join a dynamic team who are passionate about the issues they report on
- Build on your existing editorial and project management skills
As the Web Content Editor, you will be responsible for the publication of digital resources for the Law Society Gazette.
You will be editorially focused with the ability to proof read a high volume of articles each day as well as managing the Gazette's social media channels and taking ownership of the publication's website. This is an exciting opportunity for a web content editor who has a keen interest in the legal sector.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience within a similar role
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Knowledge of the Defamation Act
You will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Degree level, or relevant experience within legal / professional services sector
- Experience of editing complex copy for digital output
- Experience of using content management systems to upload content to websites (preferably Abacus webvision or similar)
- Experience of html, especially to produce e-newsletters
- Experience of developing and delivering products
- Knowledge of the digital production process, from concept to delivery
- Excellent written English, including the ability to write in clear English
- Eye for design and attention to detail
- Knowledge of the defamation act and libel laws
- Understanding of the legal market
- Knowledge of the print production process, from concept to delivery
- Professional editorial or digital media qualification
- Google analytics
The Law Society represents solicitors in England and Wales. From negotiating with and lobbying the profession's regulators, government and other decision makers, to offering training and advice, we're here to help, protect and promote solicitors.
We offer a generous flexible benefits package, a friendly working environment and the opportunity to develop your career within a professional organisation.
To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button and visit our website.
Closing date: 21 March 2017.
Interview date: week commencing 27 March 2017.
The Law Society is an Equal Opportunities Employer