Product Analyst - Audience, The Wall Street Journal - NY
The Wall Street Journal is a global news organization that provides leading news, information, commentary and analysis. The Wall Street Journal engages readers across print, digital, mobile, social, and video.
Building on its heritage as the preeminent source of global business and financial news, the Journal includes coverage of U.S. and world news, politics, arts, culture, lifestyle, sports, and health.
It holds 36 Pulitzer Prizes for outstanding journalism. The Wall Street Journal is published by Dow Jones, a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
The Wall Street Journal seeks a data analyst to join our growing newsroom Audience Development and Analytics team. The successful candidate will become a key member of the team, developing a deep understanding of our audience to help drive product development in a meaningful way.
The team is centrally located in the newsroom, where you will work with editors across the global organization to ensure proper metrics are tracked across multiple ongoing initiatives.
The Product Analyst will:
- Analyze the performance of WSJ products, working with key newsroom and business stakeholders to drive action on those insights
- Pull together the voice of customer and develop a perspective entrenched in data on reader response to new and existing features and products
- Organize and facilitate user testing sessions with Wall Street Journal subscribers and prospects to better understand user preferences for product development
- Manage A/B tests and process results to come up with actionable conclusions
- Help define and report back on key performance indicators in order to drive product development
- Work closely with the audience development and analytics teams within other areas of the organization to support multi-departmental growth initiatives
Skills and Qualifications:
- 2+ years of experience working in related-field
- Experience providing analytics to inform product development
- Deep understanding of mobile platforms
- Proven talent in surfacing key performance indicators and reporting back against them on a regular basis
- Ability to pull both quantitative and qualitative data together in comprehensive presentations that tell a story and draw conclusions
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Creative problem solver who thrives in a highly collaborative environment
- Knowledge of data analytics tools, including Omniture or Google Analytics, Parse.ly or Chartbeat
- Microsoft Office skills (Excel, including Report Builder, charting and analysis of large data sets; PowerPoint; Word, etc.)
- Data visualization skills
- Experience with SQL a big plus
Click 'Apply' now. Applications should include a resume and cover letter.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets