ING, Writer - International Consumer Economics
ING’s purpose is ‘Empowering people to stay a step ahead in life and in business. Every ING colleague is given the opportunity to contribute to that vision. We champion self-reliance and foster a collaborative and innovative culture.
The Orange Code is our global manifesto for how we stay true to our purpose and our tradition of reinvention and empowerment. It is made up of ING Values (we are honest; we are prudent; we are responsible) and ING Behaviours: (you take it on and make it happen; you help others to be successful; you are always a step ahead).
For us, success will only be achieved if we act with Integrity.
Some companies see diversity as a box to be ticked. We see it as fundamental to our success and we encourage a proper work/life balance. At ING, you’ll only be judged on your performance in line with the Orange Code. And that’s a promise.
Job Title: Writer - International Consumer Economics
Department: Group Research
Status: Temporary (6 months initial)
Group Research is responsible for supporting ING Head Office and other businesses through ING by providing research on macro-economics and certain aspects of consumer behaviour through the International Consumer Economics team. The writer will report to the senior economist leading the team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities of Role:
- Assist the senior writer in the day to day running of the publicly available website eZonomics.com, its Twitter feed and other social media output produced for various ING websites and social media outlets.
- Research and write articles as required for use on eZonomics and other ING sites. Post articles on the website and support with appropriate images. All articles and images are to be prepared in a way that complies with ING’s tone of voice and presentation policies.
- Assist as needed in the all stages of writing and preparation of reports and press releases for the ING International Surveys
Although not guaranteed, a skilled candidate may be considered for full time employment after approximately 12 months in the position.
- Journalism, writing qualifications* from a recognised college or university.
- Personal finance, psychology, behavioural science or economics qualifications.
- Ability to speak or read another European language.
- At least four years working as a writer in English on online websites or print magazines.
- Evidence of having maintained a content schedule.
- Proven ability to write for the web in an accessible style that is still accurate and authoritative.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Proof reading skills.
- Experience writing about personal finance.
- Experience in publishing.
- Computer skills to include Microsoft Office, basic Photoshop/Adobe creative suite/Google Analytics.
- Familiarity with statistics.
- Experience in interpreting specialist knowledge for an average, layperson audience.
- Knowledge of media law eg intellectual property rights that pertain to producing content for dissemination online.
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to work with other teams and departments on articles and seek compromises where necessary.
- Familiarity with design and layout principles.
- Experience of writing for video.
- Knowledge of European foreign languages
In order to be considered and if you have the specified requirements for this role please send your CV and portfolio by completing the application form below.
*Marketing qualifications and skills have little or no relevance to the skills required.
Apply for ING, Writer - International Consumer Economics
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly