MD Communications, Global Legal PR & Submissions Director
MD Communications, a boutique legal PR agency with roots in the UK’s £26bn legal sector, needs a bright, committed self-starter to join the team as Global Legal PR & Submissions Director, leading on areas of its work that have been growing fast.
Established by Melissa Davis in 2010, MD Communications is at a stage of further international development, in particular work related to the US and Latin America. It has recently appointed a board of high level advisers and shareholders.
The Global Legal PR and Submissions Director will run the legal directories side of the business and will work closely with the Associate Director to provide PR and directories support for a set of interesting UK and international clients across the legal sector.
They will also work with the Managing Director on business development targets around PR and directories work - so an established network of contacts in the UK and ideally international legal markets is essential.
This role requires versatility and initiative. The successful candidate will multi-task across the PR and directories services we offer, and will have strong media skills.
He/she will drive PR and directories activity across our client base, with the assistance of a team of directories and content consultants. The ideal candidate will be expected to travel occasionally and attend some international conferences with the Managing Director.
The role responsibilities include:
- drafting and entering of awards and directories submissions
- bringing in directories clients and then implementing the standardisation of submissions that communicate our client's capabilities with the objective of increasing their rankings, visibility and recognition
- writing and executing PR strategies
- proactively identifying media opportunities, and promoting client stories using press releases, pitching articles and placing quotes and other content to maximise coverage and achieve client objectives.
Other essential criteria for the role include:
- experience in developing and producing submissions to legal directories and awards
- excellent ability to speak, write and read English fluently, with exceptional attention to detail and the ability to proofread quickly and accurately
- exceptional influencing skills, gravitas and confidence in working effectively with partners across an international remit
- the ability to work independently using their own initiative, and to be flexible and adaptable.
Also desirable would be:
- experience in a legal directory environment in a research or editorial capacity
- a law firm and/or legal PR agency background
- fluency in a second language
As a boutique agency we pride ourselves on delivering high-quality, strategic work to the very highest standards, delivering great results for our clients, as well as being a team that they thoroughly enjoy working with.
This is a growing and fast-developing business, so a commitment to work hard and muck in is also essential as we seek to take MD Communications to the next level.
Apply by completing the application form below.
About MD Communications
Our modern London office is at Sea Containers House, sandwiched between the Oxo Tower and the Mondrian Hotel, with views along the Southbank. From here we have grown a business that assists clients all over the world in crafting legal reputations that deliver genuine results, from Bank to Belgium, Denmark to Dubai.
Apply for MD Communications, Global Legal PR & Submissions Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly