Thomson Reuters, M&A Correspondent
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Reuters is looking for an experienced scoop-driven M&A reporter to break stories on market-moving deals, one of the newsiest, most market-sensitive parts of the file.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- The successful candidate will regularly break news on the most competitive M&A deals in EMEA, helping Reuters to report market-moving news that is regularly the most-read part of the file.
- They will be expected to have a track record of M&A scoops and possess strong relationships with M&A sources in the UK and/or across Europe including banking sources, investors and company insiders.
- They will win exclusive stories on live and expected deals and follow them throughout their life cycle, working closely with Reuters’ M&A team in London and its network of financial reporters in the region.
- They will have an inquisitive personality, strong source-building skills and a deep understanding of public takeovers as well as private equity auctions.
- Deliver exclusive news on live and expected deals
- Have solid relationships with M&A bankers as well as lawyers, investors and company insiders
- Have a deep understanding of deal-making and public takeovers
- Ability to quickly develop sources when M&A news breaks
- Excellent interviewing technique for secretive bankers and investors and tenacity in building contacts
- Ability to identify trends in M&A and capital markets transactions
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Ability to break major market-moving deal news across EMEA
- Proven experience covering M&A news
- Existing relationships with M&A sources including bankers, lawyers and investors
- Strong source-building skills to develop network of M&A contacts
- Deep understanding of deal-making and public takeovers
- Excellent writing
- First class news judgment
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Ability to read and do in-depth analysis of a company’s balance sheet
- Understanding corporate valuation methods and takeover rules in the UK
- Existing relationships with M&A contacts
- Another European language
Click 'Apply' now.
Reuters, the news and media division of Thomson Reuters, is the world’s largest independent multimedia news provider, reaching more than one billion people every day. Over 2,500 journalists in nearly 200 locations around the globe deliver unparalleled international and national news coverage in 16 languages with speed, impartiality and insight to professionals via Thomson Reuters desktops, the world’s media organizations and directly to consumers on Reuters.com. Reuters stays true to the letter and spirit of the Thomson Reuters Trust Principles, ensuring independence, integrity and freedom from bias.
NB: Flexible working options will be considered as part of this application. E.g. Job shares
If you believe you can bring something special to this role, we want to hear from you. You may have a non-traditional career path, education or background. If you meet the minimum qualifications for the role, let us know in a cover letter with your application. Reuters depends on diversity of thought and you could be just what we need.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers.
As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.