Goal.com, International Managing Editor
Internal Job Title & Req. no.: LEE003
Reports To: Global Editor-in-Chief
Location: UK / Europe
Hours of Work: 40hrs
Line Management Responsibility: Yes
SO WHAT’S YOUR NEW ROLE ABOUT?
The world’s biggest football site is looking for a dynamic and progressive International Managing Editor.
In this new Managing Editor role you will define and drive Goal.com’s output across multiple key markets - predominantly in Europe. You will be reporting directly to the Global Editor-in-Chief and will have a crucial role in shaping and growing the world’s biggest football site and overseeing growth in audience traffic, profile and credibility, both on and off platform.
Working closely with our product team on the strategy and product requirements you will have the ability to innovate and identify new opportunities and products editorially and commercially. It is an opportunity for a talented individual to build their own team that will meet the challenges of a rapidly transforming digital space.
WHAT WILL YOU DO IN YOUR NEW ROLE?
- Transform content creation and distribution across multiple International markets
- Define and deliver the strategy for transforming output to meet the changing needs of our audience.
- Manage and oversee growth of multiple key markets both on and off-platform
- Work with other Managing Editors to ensure best practice across the multiples languages and locations
- Coordinate, develop, and implement content in partnership with the Goal editorial teams in multiple locations.
- Oversee editorial tasks, working hours, workflows, budgeting and payments within pre-approved monthly budget
- Collaborate with commercial teams to maximise opportunities and attend meetings when appropriate.
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS TO BE CONSIDERED FOR AN INTERVIEW?
- Proven senior editorial experience with digital and social content expertise
- Experience managing remote teams (both national and international preferable)
- You will be comfortable representing Goal and presenting to key internal and external stakeholders.
- Knowledge of and ability to cater for commercial requirements
- Obsession with driving the future of digital publishing and innovating with new products and technology
- Proven experience of conceptualising and implementing a change programme with a digital team
IF YOU HAVEN’T YET GOT A FEEL FOR THE CULTURE AT PERFORM, THEN READ ON…
Here at Perform we like to consider ourselves a progressive, dynamic, fun and fast-paced global sports content and media broadcasting company. We are passionate about what we do and we are really good at it too!!
Here are some of the things you can expect working at Perform; genuine collaboration, constant innovation, a strive for excellence, empowerment to bring ideas to life and personal development.
You’ll receive up to 25 days annual leave (increasing with service), Bonus Scheme, Private medical insurance, Life Assurance, matching pension contributions up to 5%, Season Ticket Loan, Cycle to Work Scheme, and Childcare Voucher Scheme.
And there’s more…… You’ll have access to the Perform online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding Refer a Friend scheme. If you fancy a move abroad; Perform are currently seeking the best talent in a number of countries around the world!
Find out more about our brands and what we do at www.performgroup.com
Now that you’ve made the effort to read about this great opportunity - click 'Apply'!!