Agriculture and Horticulture Development Board, Content Writer
The Agriculture and Horticulture Development Board has an amazing opportunity for an experienced technical writer to help shape our communications of applied horticultural R&D.
In the next few months, we anticipate transitioning our technical journal for the industry ‘The Grower’ to in-house production. During this transition, we will continue to have a bold vision which we can’t achieve without talented people.
You will work as part of an ambitious communications and design team to plan, write, and edit levy-payer facing educational and informative content for print and web-based publications.
The position is based in our Stoneleigh office. You will collaborate regularly with external writers, researchers, project managers, scientists and other specialists in the industry to produce content to inform and inspire progress across commercial horticultural enterprises.
Content is scientific and technical by nature, supporting our customer base of growers and farmers across all horticulture sectors.
You must be a self-motivated and intuitive writer who can adapt to complex topics quickly and manage the entire process of writing top-quality editorial from start to finish. You will work with wider teams to define publication requirements and gather technical content. You will produce drafts for review and produce final copy.
- Related degree, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5+ years of technical writing experience
- Excellent planning, research and writing skills
- Experience in implementing a robust editorial process
- Ability to influence and negotiate with wide variety of stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact and engage with specialist authors and clients
- Ability to handle multiple projects, prioritise and meet strict deadlines
- A proactive, resourceful and adaptable attitude with a creative flair
- Ability to understand complex technical concepts quickly and to translate them into user-friendly copy
- Experience of working within editorial publication production system
- A strong understanding of the domain in which the features are being developed
- Strong IT skills and understanding of social media
- Good time management and demonstrable project management skills
Our offer to you
- Apply and develop your writing and editing skills in a dynamic and innovative industry which is firmly on the national agenda
- Exposure to a dynamic, fast paced working environment with great people
- The opportunity to mentor staff and develop leadership skills
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- For more information please see the 'Supporting documents' section below
Please submit your CV along with a covering letter explaining your suitability for the role by completing the application form below. Candidates must also complete an AHDB Equal Opportunities Form, also found in the 'Supporting documents' section below.
Closing date: 5pm 3 April, 2017
Interview date: week commencing 27 March 2017