SHOP Magazine, Fashion Editor - Maternity Cover
Global Blue is a tax refund service, which facilitates tax-free shopping for international travellers. Global Blue publishes international luxury shopping guide SHOP Magazine for over 20 key cities around the world, the latest of which can be viewed here - issuu.com/globalblue.
Globalblue.com also runs an editorial section providing fashion news items, recommended products and features related to shops, brands and destinations where Global Blue operates in three languages and Global Blue has its own travel, fashion and shopping focused Instagram with over 2,000 followers.
SHOP Magazine connects international travellers with the most fabulous brands, products and places around the world. SHOP publishes over 40 different publications in shopping destinations around the world.
SHOP’s fashion content, including product pages, My Favourites interviews and Street Style is key to the success of the magazine. SHOP are looking for an accomplished Fashion Editor to lead the team while the current Fashion Editor is on maternity leave.
- Writing Product Opener, Check Out, Product Page, My Favourites and Street Style copy in line with SHOP’s high end tone. Ensuring all Fashion content is delivered accurately and on time.
- Contributing weekly and sometimes daily content to GlobalBlue.com, SHOP’s sister website.
- Managing the Global Blue Instagram in partnership with other key editors. Ensuring all posts are engaging and help to boost follower numbers.
- Researching new designers local to each destination in order to present innovative and engaging products on the Check Out and Souvenir pages.
- Attending international fashion weeks and contributing timely content to GlobalBlue.com and SHOP. Building international PR contact base and discovering new brands and designers to recommend to our readers.
- Oversee the design of the Fashion pages and liaising with the design team on the look and feel of the section, suggesting improvements where necessary
- Proofreading the fashion section and developing a keen eye for detail to ensure no mistakes are made.
- Maintaining the PR database and ensuring positive relationships with brands are developed and nurtured.
- Managing a team of two – one assistant and one intern – ensuring their work is delivered on time and in SHOP’s house style.
- Keeping up to date with in-house admin and weekly reports.
- Working closely with the News, Features and Deputy Editor to ensure no brands are duplicated across the magazines.
- Liaising with the marketing managers in each destination and developing positive working relationships with the wider SHOP team.
- Fluency in a second language
- A degree in a relevant field
- 3-5 years experience in a similar role
- Extensive online experience
- A knowledge of VIP4 online flatplan management system and DAM systems is an added benefit
- A keen eye for detail
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight schedule
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- A passion and enthusiasm for fashion and luxury travel
Please send a CV and a covering letter to Sally McIlhone by completing the application form below.
We are based in Angel and the hours are 9am-5.30pm.