Green Rewards, Communications Co-ordinator
Working at Green Rewards is interesting, exciting and not without its share of challenges. It’s a can-do culture - you need to be solutions oriented with a positive approach to life and work.
We’re a very friendly, small team, although expanding nicely. We’re now looking for someone to help support PR and communications on a number of flagship projects.
You will most likely either have relevant training and be looking for your first substantive role, or already working in the field and be keen to take more responsibility quickly. Given our industry, a commitment to environmental sustainability is essential. Based in Clapham, you can find out more about us on our websites.
We need someone to support our communications and project management team to contribute to the successful delivery of a number of communication campaigns.
You’ll need to be self-motivated, able to work on your own initiative and have a good understanding of creating engaging content for digital and printed communications, PR and social media.
You will need to learn a lot about our platform and product and quickly pick up the nuances of our member groups. You need to have a highly creative mind-set and be enthusiastic about our ethos and projects. Every day will be different and we will train you in what we do and why, but you must already have the commitment and drive.
- Creating engaging content for digital and printed communications.
- Assisting in the delivery of digital newsletters by utilising our email marketing platform to manage contact lists, send communications and track performance.
- Developing proactive PR strategies and drafting press releases for a number of key projects. Liaising with local and trade press to boost media coverage and maintain press databases.
- Be able to quickly grasp our Content Management System in order to add content to our webpages and create news stories and blog posts.
- Assisting the Communications team by editing and proof reading content for all communications.
- Contributing and sourcing content for a variety of social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Supporting project delivery of key tasks for clients, including report writing and research.
- Assisting in organising events in the community e.g. charities, local businesses and schools, working to maximise PR.
- Overseeing services for clients and customers.
- Compiling and tracking statistics and figures based on our engagement and communications performance.
- Excellent spoken and written English and the ability to generate content for diverse audiences.
- Proven ability to create, edit and proof content for communications, ideally with experience in a communications role.
- Sound understanding of using social media and CMS.
- Superb attention to detail - but always able to see the bigger picture.
- Strong project and time management skills in order to successfully manage a number of competing priorities.
- Good interpersonal skills, and confident talking to a wide range of audiences.
- Able to learn new systems quickly.
- A creative mind-set, able to support the development of novel communication approaches and think forward about how to improve processes, anticipate problems and maintain audience interest.
You will have work experience in relevant roles and be ready and able quickly to take ownership of everything involved in this role. It’s likely you’ll be educated to degree level and will be able to demonstrate a real interest in what we do.
So if you think you’ve got what we’re looking for, a great can-do attitude and a realistic approach to getting things done, we’d love to hear from you.
Starting salary £18,000 pa with potential to increase quite fast if you can help us make things happen.
Please send a CV and covering email including a sample blog entry on how to save paper in the workplace (max 200 words) to us by completing the application form below, by the deadline of Wednesday 5 April. Let us know where you heard about the job.
We are the UK’s leading provider of reward schemes and other engagement activities for sustainability and wellbeing. Our clients include councils, companies and universities. See our websites for more info