City A.M., Reporter
City A.M. is seeking to hire a Reporter to join its news team, writing for both the website and newspaper.
The successful candidate will:
- be comfortable taking on a specific beat including two or more core business/financial sectors, and building up a list of contacts
- knowledge of London's legal sector would be an advantage but is not necessary
- experience of court reporting would be an advantage but is not necessary
- have experience of online reporting, ideally in business and finance, and understand how to drive audience through social media and search engines
- possess high levels of literacy and numeracy
- be able and willing to work a shift pattern which includes some evenings, weekends, and early starts
City A.M. operates a sub-less editing system, so the candidate must be able to write clean, accurate copy that is ready to print.
This is a perfect opportunity for an ambitious journalist looking to make their mark in business journalism.
Apply with a CV, covering letter, and 100 words explaining what you think is the most important business story of the year (excluding Brexit / Article 50) – by noon on Sunday 9 April.
Please state your salary expectations.