Show Media, Deputy Chief Copy Editor
Show Media is looking for a pro-active and organised deputy chief copy editor with a keen eye for detail to join its busy and friendly team.
Show Media is an exciting and innovative creative agency working on our own print titles as well as client-led print and digital projects.
We need a deputy chief copy editor to assist the chief copy editor working across a number of multimedia projects, adapting tone according to each title, while maintaining high standards of grammar, spelling, punctuation and consistency within a story.
The ideal candidate will have experience working with production schedules and managing tight deadlines as well as having a thorough understanding of the English language and a meticulous eye for detail.
Having worked for a creative agency or reputable magazine before, the deputy chief copy editor will be thorough and incredibly organised with experience working with InDesign and CMS.
- Deputising for the chief copy editor as well as managing ongoing projects within the agency.
- Mentoring the sub editor and freelance staff.
- Updating and maintaining the Show Media style guide and helping to produce tone-of-voice documents for new clients.
- Subbing print and digital articles, paying particular attention to fact-checking, grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Maintaining the correct tone of voice for each publication or client as well as ensuring stylistic consistency throughout.
- Creating clever headlines, sells and captions including SEO headlines and sells for digital content.
- Flagging up any inconsistencies with writers and raising any queries in the copy
- Contributing to other areas of the business including idea generation.
- Experience working at a creative agency or reputable title
- A keen eye for detail and high standards of accuracy
- The ability to research and fact-check a broad range of subjects
- A knowledge of media law
- Experience working with InDesign and CMS
- NCTJ or equivalent qualification desirable
Apply by completing the application form below.
Closing date: Monday 27 March.