The Sun, Digital Production Editor
We are looking for someone to edit and polish stories to ensure the highest standard is published to maximise traffic as well as managing the overall platform as required.
What are my accountabilities?
- Managing thesun.co.uk homepage as required, under instruction of senior digital production managers.
- Editing The Sun's publishing output on digital platforms such as the smartphone app, Apple News, Snapchat etc as required.
- Editing and polishing stories to ensure the highest standard of presentation, particularly in headlines and pictures to best maximise traffic, making decisions about the best treatment of stories.
- Constantly improving the quality of stories, checking for updates and fresh lines and pictures.
- Helping to innovate and explore new and emerging platforms The Sun may benefit from publishing on.
- Fully aware of legal issues and the IPSO Code of Conduct.
- Flexibility to work across a 7-day rota
- Digital production experience on a national title
- Able to work and communicate effectively with team and management
- Understands Sun DNA and how it translates to website
- Knows what a Sun reader wants and how this can be delivered
- Understands the production process for a news website
- Capable of leading and motivating a team
- Calmness under pressure
- Attention to detail and an inquisitive nature
- Proficient with technology and able to adapt
Apply now by completing the application form below for your chance to work for one of Britain's largest media companies!
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.