Farmers Guardian, Freelance Sub-Editor
Farmers Guardian, the national weekly title for the agricultural industry, is seeking a talented freelance sub-editor to join its busy production desk in its Preston office for two days a week.
The position will involve subbing copy for the news and features sections, writing headlines and coming up with ideas for news and features layouts. The ideal candidate will have excellent English skills and will be able to spot inaccuracies in copy even when up against tight deadlines. Experience of using InDesign and Photoshop is essential.
Please email your CV to Head of Creative Services, Gillian Green, by completing the application form below.
Accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Checking and editing content for the magazine according to house style
- Creating pages in InDesign across all sections. This includes working closely with the rest of the production team to design innovative pages, write imaginative headlines and captions, working across news and features pages
- Manage your time effectively to ensure deadlines are met
- Good team worker
- Creative eye for designing and refining content
- Excellent organisational skills
- Calm and efficient under pressure
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to edit copy accurately
- Excellent communication skills
- Content editing experience
- Page layout/design for print
Knowledge and skills:
- Excellent knowledge of English grammar and a keen eye for detail
- Working knowledge of InDesign and Photoshop software
- Strong time management skills
- Knowledge of agriculture would be an advantage
- Understanding of using content management systems
More about the role:
- Monday and Tuesday
- 10am-7pm (one hour for lunch) flexibility required
- Three months initially, with a view to extend
- Office based – Fulwood, Preston
Briefing Media Agriculture is the UK’s fastest growing agriculture media company and operates from its headquarters in Preston.