N by Norwegian, Digital Editor
We are looking for a highly motivated, experienced Digital Editor to work with our small editorial team for N by Norwegian, Norwegian Air’s award-winning in-flight magazine.
The ideal candidate will be a talented journalist with a talent for creating outstanding, attention-grabbing multi-platform content. This is a new role, reflecting a growing area of specialism for the team.
The main aspects of the job will involve: working with the client and magazine team to develop a digital agenda; quickly reworking existing print material for an online purpose; commissioning unique destination-based and themed content; and working with Ink’s multimedia studio to deliver destination-based videos.
The Digital Editor will be expected to work autonomously, contributing to the editorial team at Ink, while also working closely with the Norwegian Air web team to provide a synchronistic approach to digital content across both brands.
An interest in travel, culture and lifestyle is essential as well as a creative, can-do approach to producing beautifully crafted content. The Digital Editor will report to and be managed by the magazine’s Editor.
- Working closely with the editorial team to identify digital opportunities and then develop autonomously to their full digital potential
- Rewriting and reworking existing copy and imagery for digital use as well as managing the upload with the client
- Organising sub-editing strategy as well as proofreading all web content prior to upload
- Developing a long-term digital editorial strategy and forward plan an editorial calendar in line with the print magazine’s editorial team
- Creating additional, stand-alone bespoke digital content, in line with the style guidelines of the magazine
- Working with the multimedia team on video concepts, including script writing, production and project management of bespoke videos for web and social media
- Working closely with the client, Norwegian, on optimising their digital platforms and meeting traffic targets
- Minimum of 3 years experience as digital editor on a comparative media product
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Creative flair to produce engaging, original stories for readers
- Working knowledge of content management systems (CMS)
- Proven ability to boost audience engagement and take content viral
- Experience in organising photography and videography shoots
- Preferable: Knowledge of Indesign, Adobe Creative Suite and Photoshop
- A structured, scheduled approach to managing workload, freelancers
- Ability to work under pressure and at a fast pace with constant attention to detail
We offer a competitive salary and an opportunity to work on one of Ink’s most popular magazines as well as one of the world’s fastest growing airline brands.
The position is located at Ink’s head office in London, West Hampstead. The successful candidate will be required to travel on a regular basis.
Please apply by 5 April by completing the application form below with a copy of your CV, links to your digital creative and a cover letter stating why you are the ideal candidate.
Apply for N by Norwegian, Digital Editor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly