Digital Entertainment Brand, Freelance News Writer
UK-based digital entertainment brand seeks freelance news writers. Ideal candidates will have a journalistic background, and experience of online film, book publishing and entertainment writing.
Purpose of the role
Reporting to the central editorial team, candidates will join a pool of freelance news writers and cover a range of news opportunities such as press junkets, events and set visits.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate an understanding of digital news journalism, and writing to a distinctive house style.
Looking for resourceful journalists, who are confident conducting interviews, attending events and finding the story that’ll get the best possible cut through on a digital platform.
Freelance opportunity. Candidates will work remotely as and when required.
Key skills and experience
- A minimum of four years professional writing experience
- Strong knowledge of writing news for the web and what drives digital traffic
- Up-to-date knowledge of SEO techniques and ability to write excellent headlines
- Press junket and interviewing experience
- High standards of English grammar, and meticulous fact-checking skills
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Present story ideas to the Editor
- Write and edit in accordance with digital house style
Please send a cover letter, CV and a range of news writing samples via the form below.