Instinctif Partners, Account Director
1 day left
- Full Time
The Account Director (AD) will be expected to take day-to-day responsibility for implementing work across a number of client accounts and projects, providing senior level counsel, as well as helping with business development.
The AD will support staff management and development (either directly or in-directly). The AD will have considerable responsibility with clients up to board level, and should have the gravitas and experience to work confidently at this level.
- Lead role on client accounts, being mindful of the client’s overall communications objectives, ensuring resources are deployed and activities executed appropriately to achieve value-adding results
- Develop and maintain senior level client relationships and ensure regular client interaction, building good knowledge of client businesses
- Account management and implementation including strategic advice, PR planning, media strategy and outreach, analyst and investor strategy and outreach, planning at least three months ahead
- Project management of non-retainer projects (including design) to ensure scheduling of internal resources and with client availability
- Work closely with account lead and account team to plan and execute communications programme
- Maintain close media relationships to maximise coverage achieved from client news and stories, ensure inclusion in relevant round up pieces, and proactively identify opportunities
- Maintain close analyst relationships, setting up meetings and sales briefings, securing feedback after client results etc. (FPR only)
- Understand practicalities of using digital and social media to benefit clients and Life Sciences team. Plan and execute strategic social media programmes for clients and execute these to support achievement of objectives
- Plan and oversee media outreach for client news, ensuring key messages are understood and communicated
- Copywriting – technical, corporate and financial (as appropriate), as well as reviewing materials drafted by client team members, providing feedback and direction
- Identifying additional activities which complement client core programmes e.g. speaker opportunities, award submissions, commissioning research, media opportunities, design, websites etc.
- Understanding the financial accounting process and costings/estimates for project/retainer work
- Ensuring time is managed effectively, containing over servicing and managing extra billing
- Financial management of clients accounts, reviewing client spend and timesheet records, preparing invoices and checking supporting material, ensuring all costs are captured and passed on, working with accounts department to resolve any billing issues
Life sciences team leadership and support :
- Line management of junior AE team members
- Support learning and mentoring of other team members using experience and knowledge gained from reading around the sector to share key news, strong examples of client work, provide AE training sessions etc.
- Maintain sector knowledge by reading around sector and current affairs, keep team and clients updated
- Identify and take forward opportunities to develop own skill sets and knowledge, as well as those of the team e.g. internal and external training, attending industry body events and networking
- Contribute to the administrative procedures of the office in general
- Expanding own network of contacts which could lead to new business opportunities (e.g. corporates, venture capitalists, analysts, bankers as appropriate)
- Research and drafting new business pitches, credentials, case studies, presentations. Attending new business meetings and pitching for new business
- Creating and identifying ways to expand existing client accounts with additional projects or introducing other Instinctif expertise, where appropriate
- Identifying sector events and networking opportunities and attending as appropriate
Previous Work Experience:
Specific Experience Required
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Financial/Corporate communications.
- Understanding of and interest in the life sciences industry essential.
Additional Desirable Experience
- Experience in a PR Consultancy or journalist environment would be an advantage.
Skills and Knowledge
- Education Requirements : First degree as a minimum. Ideally life science subject or if not, demonstrable experience in life sciences.
- Language Skills : English (fluent), other languages an advantage.
- Skills : Excellent writing, communication and interpersonal skills essential. Management/leadership skills an advantage. Knowledge of Financial and Corporate Communications.
- IT Skills : Advanced IT knowledge in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook). Familiarity and competency in social media (eg Twitter and LinkedIn).
- A pro-active individual who shows initiative and takes responsibility for their own decisions
- A good team-player who encourages feedback and will seek help when appropriate
- An effective and well-presented communicator both verbally and in writing
- An analytical problem-solver who is able to quickly and accurately identify key issues with a passion for delivering communications strategies for clients
- A well-organised planner who will follow rules and procedures when appropriate
- An engaged individual who demonstrates enthusiasm for keeping up to date with current affairs and the life sciences sector
- An individual who thrives in a pressurised, dynamic environment and has a flexible approach to suggest and embrace positive change
- Personal gravitas and standing to interact with clients and other advisors at C-suite level
Click 'Apply' now.