The Huffington Post, Editor-In-Chief
6 days left
- Full Time
The Huffington Post is a Pulitzer Prize-winning source of breaking news, video, features, and entertainment, as well as a highly engaged global community for opinion and conversation.
The platform has 100,000 bloggers -- from politicians, students and celebrities to academics, parents and policy experts -- who contribute in real-time on the subjects about which they are most passionate.
The Huffington Post is committed to covering our core editorial pillars -- news and politics, wellness, and solutions to the world's biggest problems -- and using every available tool and platform, including virtual reality and immersive storytelling, to inform, inspire, entertain and empower.
With a global multi platform audience, The Huffington Post has editions in the UK, Canada, France, Spain, Italy, Japan, Maghreb, Germany, Brazil, South Korea, Greece, India, Australia, Mexico, South Africa and the Arab world. The Huffington Post is part of AOL.
The Huffington Post is seeking an experienced, visionary leader to oversee our UK editorial operation and take our brand to the next level.
The right person will have a deep background in editing and reporting and a relentless drive to set the news agenda in an ever-changing, competitive environment.
Proven successes in digital and campaigning journalism are a must, as is experience in multi-platform storytelling. Ideal candidates will have a fluency with audience development, and be strong problem solvers and strategists, inspiring managers, and talent cultivators.
Candidates will have a superb contacts book and industry connections and be able to craft and execute a vision for a growing, disruptive digital brand.
They must also be able to demonstrate a passion for attracting and developing talent and creating a positive, energised working environment. This position is based in London.
- 10+ years of newsroom experience, with significant time in a leadership role
- Proven track record of developing innovative and disruptive ideas around original content and growth
- Experience leading a large team of 30+ journalists in a fast-paced newsroom environment and delegating high profile tasks effectively
- Demonstrated history of directing impactful journalism and original content across multiple platforms, including video
- Deep understanding of all kinds of news reporting -- breaking, features, investigative, trends -- as well as lifestyle and cultural coverage
- Track record of developing and executing strategies to significantly grow a digital journalism brand’s audience
- Proven history of working collaboratively - and successfully - across departments, including Product, Analytics, Audience Development, Social, as well as with Sales, Marketing, and Business Development as the lead editorial representative to the business
- A brand evangelist who understands the mission and core values of HuffPost and is able to represent the site across TV, digital, radio, and other public forums
- Passion for management and mentorship of newsroom talent
- Ability to interpret data, audience insights and analytics to inform coverage decisions and meet goals
- Serve as key liaison to HuffPost’s global newsroom of 17 editions
Click 'Apply' now.
Applicants are encouraged to apply ASAP to avoid disappointment in the event of the advert expiring earlier than the stated closing date.
Aol is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Aol employees are rewarded competitively and are entitled to a wide range of benefits that encourage a positive lifestyle. Our recruitment team will always welcome any conversations about flexible working requirements. We do not accept resumes from placement agencies, headhunters or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with you.