Aviva, Media Relations Manager
A fantastic opportunity has arisen in the UK Media Relations team. We are actively recruiting for a Media Relations Manager within our York team.
As a member of the Media Relations team, you will provide strategic and practical advice on media relations matters in the UK.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Supporting the delivery of a proactive and reactive media relations service
- Building and maintaining first class relationships with national, trade, consumer, local and regional media working closely with Group colleagues
- Helping to deliver and shape news-flow in the UK, including story/opinion development, thought leadership, and management of issues that may affect our reputation
- Writing press releases, media statements and other media materials, including digital
- Working across the UK and Group function to help the team deliver integrated communications, working closely with internal communications, marketing and public policy
Skills / Knowledge /Experience:
- Good knowledge/understanding of media relations and preferably some journalism experience
- Good personal impact – ability to deal with people effectively at all levels internally and externally
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Clear, cool head at all times, ability to prioritise effectively and work to tight deadlines when under pressure
- Flexible approach to working
- Ability to be a self-starter and to work as part of a team collaboratively across the UK and the wider Group
This role is offered on a full time basis with some flexibility on location considered.
Click 'Apply' now. We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Saima Akram in the Resourcing team on 0121 779 1449.