PRI, Content Editor
ABOUT THE PRINCIPLES FOR RESPONSIBLE INVESTMENT (PRI)
The PRI is the world's leading proponent of responsible investment. It works to understand the investment implications of environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors and to support its international network of investor signatories in integrating these factors into their investment and ownership decisions. The PRI acts in the long-term interests of its signatories, of the financial markets and economies in which they operate and ultimately of the environment and society as a whole.
The Content Editor will enhance the structure and style of written materials to ensure that their goals are effectively communicated and their impact effectively delivered to a diverse audience (including existing and potential signatories, academics, our UN partners, policy makers, and the media), thus positioning the organisation as a global thought-leader on responsible investment.
The individual will work closely with the PRI’s content teams and with colleagues in the Communications team to help deliver high-quality, engaging and impactful materials, including feature-length publications, e-newsletters and a plethora of additional ad-hoc written outputs. They will be also familiar with digital trends and technologies, and use this knowledge to generate new ideas on how to repurpose PRI content in digital-friendly ways.
The ideal candidate will be flexible and creative with a keen eye for goals and objectives and meticulous attention to detail. An existing knowledge of how financial markets operate and impact the world will be helpful, and at minimum you will have a keenness to learn about the subject on the job. Translation skills into and/or from any other major languages would be considered a bonus.
- Work with content teams on developing the structure and writing style of documents to ensure clear, concise and engaging publications that communicate their message effectively to the desired audience and thus achieve their desired impact.
- Contribute to a range of e-newsletters to signatories and the wider public, to give engaging coverage of the activities of the PRI.
- Identify opportunities for new digital content promoting the PRI’s work, such as and web- or social media-friendly excerpts from feature-length reports
- Create and maintain website content to ensure that the PRI’s website is an engaging and up-to-date reflection of the PRI’s activities
- Promote the activities of the PRI via effective use of social media.
- Support other members of the Communication team as necessary and contribute to broader team activities and priorities.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrable ability to enhance the style and content of other people’s written work
- Excellent understanding of English grammar and usage, including the principles of plain English
- Experience editing large publications/reports
- Proven understanding of how to create impactful digital content
- Knowledge of financial markets
- An interest in responsible investment, sustainability and ESG issues
- Translation skills
- A Bachelor’s Degree in English, Communications, Journalism or a related area of study
To apply for this role, please send your CV and a covering letter to us by completing the application form below. Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.