Paddy Power Betfair, Corporate Communications Executive
The Corporate Communications Executive will support the Head of Communications in managing Paddy Power Betfair’s reputation with a variety of external stakeholders including financial, corporate and consumer media and ultimately both our customers and employees. From time-to-time the role will also support the delivery of internal communications around the business.
- Running a FTSE 100 press office, supporting the business around key financial calendar events and continually monitoring the external media landscape
- Raising PPB’s profile with key audiences, notably customers, employees and regulators, by delivering creative corporate communications activity highlighting the positive elements of PPB
- Managing key relationships with tier one media; act as a trusted source of company commentary, both in print and broadcast media
- Becoming a trusted communications advisor to Executive Directors / Board, ensuring they are appropriately supported and prepared for media activity and other external engagements
- Managing day-to-day relationships with key industry bodies (ABB, RGA, BHA), supporting on key media issues
- Supporting Public Affairs in delivering PPB’s policy objectives, and managing our reputation in a dynamic regulatory environment. As part of this, form part of PPBs wider CSR Committee, with specific responsibility for over £100k racing CSR spend
- Support the Internal Communications function wherever necessary in delivering consistent strategic communications across the Group.
- Passion for the sports betting industry, and the ability to spot what’s interesting
- Personable, collaborative style that prioritises action
- Low ego
- Ability to draft fluent, interesting financial and corporate materials ranging from annual reports, corporate website, social media and major financial announcements
- Ability to act as a spokesperson for the business (broadcast / print) and brief journalists on complex issues both on and off-record
Education, Qualifications & Experience
- 2-3 years’ experience working in Corporate communications, either in agency or in-house role, with strong track record of building corporate reputation through a variety of channels
- Knowledge of the equity markets, investor dynamics and UK regulatory environment
- Strong grasp of digital corporate communications
- Experience of managing agencies and supplier budgets
- Knowledge of consumer PR and wider brand marketing
- Experience supporting Internal Communications
Our values are important to us. In fact they shape and guide everything we do – from improving our performance and working as a team, to hiring the right people and developing our talent.
There are five key values that we live by:
Relentless Will To Win: We strive to stay ahead of the game and achieve more for our customers and each other.
Collaboration: We win by having the best people, working well together and building strong relationships.
Integrity: We take pride in doing what’s right. No exceptions.
Agility: We adapt at pace and with purpose, and thrive amid change.
Low Ego: We take our work seriously but not ourselves, and never believe our own hype.
Paddy Power Betfair is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
Click 'Apply' now. By submitting your application online, you agree that: your details will be used to progress your application for employment. If your application is successful, your details will be used to administer your HR record. If your application is unsuccessful, we will retain your details for a period no longer than two years, in order to consider you for prospective Paddy Power Betfair roles.