Classic Car Buyer, Editor
Join one of Britain’s brightest classic car publications!
Are you enthusiastic about classic cars? Find yourself permanently flicking through classifieds for your next classic car purchase? Do you have a way with words? If the answer to those questions is yes then we may have the dream job for you!
We’re on the hunt for an Editor for Britain’s brightest classic car publication. Launched in 2009, this weekly newspaper has gone from strength to strength and has gone on to become one of Kelsey’s most successful titles.
As Editor, you’ll be steering the content of this fabulous publication. Generating imaginative content that inspires enthusiasts onto their next purchase and, in turn, delivers a fabulously engaged audience to our advertisers.
As Editor, you will be responsible for all forward planning, commissioning and budgeting of the content that may be published via multiple channels, on page, on line, social media or other brand spin-offs.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Overseeing all editorial content across all publishing platforms – on page and online – and planning within the agreed budgets.
- Responsibility for generating all editorial content, words and photographs - produced by the Classic Car Buyer in-house team or commissioned through contributors as required.
- Managing the front cover, editorial intro, contents pages and next issue pages.
- Responsibility for proof checking throughout the production process from reading raw copy to final page check proofs at the printers.
- Working with the freelance designer to steer design, look and feel of all brand platforms.
- Generating editorial ideas and content that assist ad sales in maximizing profitable revenue.
- Adhering strictly to the weekly production schedule.
- Managing relationships across departments to support the brand.
- Attendance at shows and events where relevant.
You will be organised, creative, professional, enthusiastic, committed, commercially focused, have good time management and interpersonal skills. Idea generation, good written expression and ability to learn the subject matter quickly – all essential.
The role, reporting in to the Managing Director, is presently based at our Peterborough office.
Send your CV and covering letter/email in no more than 200 words as to why you should be considered for the job by completing the application form below.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.