Divine Chocolate, PR & Social Media Manager
The role: PR & Social Media Manager
Divine Chocolate is seeking an in-house PR and Social Media Manager who can harness the power of chocolate and a company that is doing business differently to grow awareness of this unique brand in print and online press, and through our growing social media channels.
We’re looking for a manager with client or agency-side experience who would love to hit-the-ground-running selling our exciting new Christmas range to press, plan a luxurious UK Chocolate Week ‘taste’ campaign and continue to plan a busy schedule of delicious activity to deliver real benefits to cocoa farmers in Ghana.
The company: Divine Chocolate Ltd
Join our UK-based international company, which is successfully proving that a company creating delicious chocolate can also be farmer-owned, with fair and dignified trading relations at its heart.
Award-winning for great tasting chocolate and leading Fairtrade, social enterprise & sustainability. The company head office is based near London’s famous Tower Bridge, an easy distance to London Bridge.
The team: Marketing & Communications
We work with a range of partners to collaborate with people who share our ethical values. We are proud to run most of our marketing in-house (Divine does not work with external PR agencies) to develop grass-roots campaigns, as well as working with trusted agency partners on larger scale campaigns. The team also work with the U.S. office, based in Washington D.C.
- Over 3 years of experience in a media relations role
- FMCG experience, including work on a premium or ethical or foodie brand
- Success at achieving press coverage from news releases
- Proven ability to build relationships with journalists, influencers and partners
- Success at creating engaging content calendars for Twitter, Facebook, Instagram & LinkedIn
- Experience of community management for social media pages
- Well-versed in Gorkana and Microsoft Office
- Excellent writing skills – exhibiting both precision and flair
- Passion for chocolate and interest in how Divine is doing business differently
- Motivated by achieving media coverage
- Extremely well-organised and efficient under pressure
- Good analytical skills to track and analyse campaigns
Desirable (not essential):
- Event management experience
- Creative skills, such as photography / a good visual eye
- Maximising coverage for Divine products in consumer and trade UK press
- Planning, writing and distributing all product and campaign news releases
- Tracking forward features, responding to journalist requests & sampling new products
- Cultivating journalist/influencer relationships & creating brand/celebrity partnerships
- Taking advantage of topical opportunities to promote Divine to media
- Managing all Divine social media across Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn & YouTube
- Plan and implement social media content calendar & manage online communities
- Track, evaluate and optimise social media
- Campaign planning and implementation
- Work with the Marketing team to maximise PR and Social Media for key campaigns: Summer Baking, Chocolate Week, Advent, Fairtrade Fortnight, International Women’s Day and Easter.
- Integrating what makes Divine unique into communications to maximise the opportunity, such as farmer-ownership, Fairtrade, B Corp, social enterprise, palm oil free, vegan, etc.
Please click 'Apply' for details, and send us a covering letter, CV and 200 words about ‘Doing Business Differently’ to by 9am Monday 8 May 2017.
Applicants short-listed for interview will be notified by 12 May 2017.
Interviews will take place at the Divine London office w/c 15 May 2017.