Global Blue Marketing Services, Online Managing Editor - Maternity Cover
Global Blue are looking for an accomplished Online Managing Editor to lead the team while the current Online Managing Editor is on maternity leave.
Global Blue’s Online Managing Editor manages all editorial and commercial content on globalblue.com. The Online Managing Editor must have editorial, digital, SEO and analytical experience, be organised and deadline-driven as well as being creative and have the ability to generate new ideas frequently. Global Blue is currently working on a site refresh - the chosen candidate will pay a crucial role in contributing towards this.
Aimed at international shoppers (especially those from markets such as China, the Middle East and Russia), globalblue.com guides travelers around the world’s greatest shopping cities, showcasing the best stores, brands and experiences, as well as further supporting Global Blue’s core products and services.
- Management of all editorial and commercial content on globalblue.com, to include commissioning and evaluating content and promoting it on social media
- Management of all commercial editorial content on GlobalBlue.com, GlobalBlue.cn and GlobalBlue.ru including but not limited to; microsites, brand profiles, editorial requests, apps and on-site promotion
- Creating new, engaging content for Global Blue’s editorial and commercial websites. Constantly improving the quality of stories
- Creating timely, engaging, consistent and on-message content aimed at reaching key emerging markets, primarily China and Russia
- Bringing in a network of high-traffic writers, bloggers and influencers
- Analysing the effectiveness of content using Google Analytics to further improve existing and future content, as well as using online platforms Moz and Google keyword planner
- Developing digital editorial content strategies for commercial clients in the luxury sector wishing to reach Globe Shoppers in key emerging markets, primarily China and Russia
- Pitching to new clients for new commercial microsites
- Working with sales and marketing teams to create bespoke commercial packages for brands, which may include dedicated microsites, brand profiles, videos, competitions etc.
- Work together with the client to create content which complements their message, customer base and overall marketing strategy as well as determining their goals and expectations for the project
- Managing a team of writers and two direct reports – ensuring their work is delivered on time and in Global Blue’s house style
- Proofreading all in-house and external content online before it reaches our subbing team. Utilising acute attention to detail
- Proven ability to write engaging SEO-friendly headlines, captions and copy. Aid the team to ensure that all published content is engaging and SEO-friendly, particularly headlines and pictures to best maximize traffic
- Maintaining and building our PR database and ensuring positive relationships with brands are developed and nurtured
- Keeping up-to-date with in-house admin and weekly reports
- Liaising with the marketing managers in each destination and developing positive working relationships with the wider Global Blue team
- Training new staff and the SHOP magazine team on the CMS and how to write for online
- Covering Fashion Weeks, attending shows and editing street-style images
- Ensuring that sales, marketing and client expectations are being met with regards to content, budget and deadlines etc
- Creating engaging landing pages of content for special events, such as Christmas, Fashion Week, Chinese New Year, Valentine’s Day, Baselworld, etc
- 5+ years online editorial experience at a similar role
- Proven online traffic success working on a similar online platform
- A degree in a relevant field
- Outstanding standards of grammar and sub-editing skills
- Extensive experience with Google Analytics and a thorough understanding of good SEO techniques
- Proven success in producing commercial content for brands
- Familiar with working with content managing systems (Escenic a bonus)
- An excellent PR contact book
- A network of reliable high-traffic writers, bloggers and influencers and experience of commissioning such freelancers
- Ability to work under pressure and to a tight schedule
- Experience of handling business social media accounts
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Ability to manage, collaborate and communicate effectively with the team
- A passion and enthusiasm for fashion and luxury travel
Please send a CV and a covering letter to Kirsty Welsh by completing the application form below.
We are based in Angel and the hours are 9am-5.30pm.
Apply for Global Blue Marketing Services, Online Managing Editor - Maternity Cover
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly