SPOKE, PR Manager
WHAT WE NEED
SPOKE, is the UK’s first digitally-native menswear brand. We’ve sold 50,000 chinos without a single store or wholesale account - and we’ve done it all through digital marketing, word of mouth … and almost no PR. It’s time to change that, and tell the world about our brand. We’re looking for an experienced PR manager to lead the charge.
This is not a Fashion PR gig. Make no mistake, we make a thoughtful, refined and luxury-grade product - and some familiarity with the fashion press would certainly be helpful.
But our customer is probably not reading fashion blogs or following fashion tastemakers on Instagram. He reads Monocle and Esquire, perhaps even Wallpaper or Port, and he values good design.
He cares about how he looks …. but he doesn’t want to try too hard - and he certainly doesn’t want to look like he did. To find him, we’d like to focus our efforts outside the fashion press as much as possible.
Reporting to the Head of Brand Marketing, this role will bring exposure across all areas of this business, and will offer the successful candidate the opportunity to see national, headline grabbing PR campaigns through from conception to execution.
The PR Manager will, as required:
- work alongside the Head of Brand Marketing and the CEO to devise and set Spoke’s PR strategy across the business
- drive the proactive media relations and a press office function, build relationships for Spoke with key press
- help brainstorm and develop creative campaign ideas
- write press releases and other press materials copy as required
- take responsibility for reporting PR success back to the business
Initially we think we are looking for 2-3 days of work per week. We hope and expect that for the right candidate, the role could grow into a full time position.
The PR Manager role will suit an established senior press officer or a talented senior account manager within an agency, looking to move to a freelance model or an in-house role.
You will be passionate about PR and will view this as an opportunity to hitch your career / portfolio to great ecommerce growth story.
You will know your Shortlist from your Standard and will be able to lead the Spoke team in developing impactful relationships with media.
An authentic interest in menswear and design would be great - but consistent with our customer, you don’t need to be a fashion obsessive.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Creative – able to originate smart, impactful campaign ideas - as well as building on the ideas that flow from the rest of our marketing function. You should be comfortable writing strong, fluent copy.
- Strategic – you’ll need to develop joined-up press and communication strategies across multiple channels. We need a strategic thinker who can think carefully about targeting, timing and co-ordination.
- Confident – the role will entail high level media liaison, so confidence is key
- Business Savvy - this role is about much more than simple product placement, The successful candidate will have a good startup and business vocabulary and be comfortable placing comprehensive brand features in the business media
- Organised - staying on top of the PR funnel, and making sure the right assets and samples are in the right place, at the right time, is obviously essential.
- Interested - in e-Commerce and men’s lifestyle
- Energised - with epic levels of hustle
As an early stage, high growth startup, we can offer you:
- A leadership role with real input into the success of the company and the ability to influence the path forward.
- The opportunity to be a partner to the CEO, and to help build and lead a stellar new PR function.
- A highly competitive base salary / rate and flexible working models
- A fun, positive, energised startup culture
HOW TO APPLY:
We’d love to hear about what you can do for us and how you can add value to our team.
If you'd like apply for a role with us, please click 'Apply' to send a CV and cover letter explaining why you might just have found what you’re looking for…