Metro.co.uk, News Reporter
Metro.co.uk produces some of the most shareable news content in the industry and we are now looking for an experienced and talented News Reporter to join the news team.
Suitable candidates will have a minimum of two years’ experience of social-friendly, multi-media news writing gained on news websites, nationals or well-established local newspapers with an impressive track record of finding and breaking exclusive stories of national and global interest.
Applicants must be able to deliver vibrant, clean copy to very tight deadlines for this office-based web production position.
- Solid newspaper, magazine or news website experience
- Ability to generate own news stories
- Ability to write clean copy, strong headlines and captions
- Avid user of social media
- A good eye for an alternative angle to a story
- Experience with video storytelling and Facebook Lives a benefit
- NCTJ qualified
- Flexibility regarding shift patterns
- Able to cope under pressure
The above list is not exhaustive and constantly evolving, based on the needs of the business. Out of hours availability and a high level of adaptability are essential.
Please send your CV and cover letter by completing the application form below.