Social Housing, Layout Sub-Editor - Part Time
Job type: Part time; 22.5 hours/week
Reporting in to: Production Editor
Ocean Media Group is the market leader in housing across print, digital and events. The housing portfolio includes the flagship publication, Inside Housing, read by 22,000 subscribers and Europe’s largest housing conference, attended by more than 8,000 housing professionals.
The layout sub-editor will work three days a week (22.5 hours) in-house, as part of the editorial production team, leading on the layout and subbing of respected business and finance magazine Social Housing. The successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring the magazine meets the highest standards of quality and accuracy.
- Lay out news or feature pages in InDesign
- Edit technical copy with a particular focus on grammar, spelling, style and factual accuracy
- Cut copy to fit
- Identify any inconsistencies between copy and table, charts and graphs
- Write engaging headlines and standfirsts
- Question the author when the copy is unclear
- Ensure potential legal problems with copy are identified
- Source pictures/illustrations
- Produce charts/graphs
- An excellent eye for grammar, spelling, style and factual accuracy
- Experience in magazine design and layout
- Fluent in Adobe software, including InDesign and Photoshop
- Fast and accurate
- Used to working on a CMS
- A solid report who can write articles as well as sub and lay them out
- Keen to learn and grow as part of a dynamic editorial team
- Experience on business/finance publications would be an advantage
If you wish to be considered for the role, please complete the application form below.